PDA

View Full Version : Not saving maps?

showeqnewb
10-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Ok, last night I mapped almost the entire Plane of Justice.

Every so often I would click the pull down menu and click the Save Map button. Then randomly while running around I would hit F2 (function command to save the map) as I walked around.

Well regardless I ended up getting aggroed by some sphinx's while mapping their room and ended up have to take off. On the way ouc I clicked the save map button and right before zoneing I hit F2 a couple of times.

Well I zoned back in and NADA... @#!%@!# I was almost done.

Is this something with the Decode being being broken or am I just fubaring something up?

Cryonic
10-23-2002, 11:03 AM
cd /usr/local/share/showeq
ls -lt | more

anything from that date?

showeqnewb
10-23-2002, 11:54 AM
lastPlayer.dat
lastZone.dat
spawnlog.txt
seqdef.xml
seqpref.dtd
Qcat.map
Qey2HH1.map
Qeynos2.map
Qeynos.map
Qeytoqrg.map
QRG.map
Rathmtn.map
Rivervalel.map
Runnyeye.map
Scarlet.map
SebilisMain.map
Sebilis.map
SebilisSwers.map
Shadweaver.map
Shadowhaven.map
SharVahl.map

Gullork
10-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Actually I ran across something similar but just thought it was me. When the new ports on Luclin were released, I ported to each one and labeled where you port in, then saved the map. Next time in, it wasn't labeled.

I thought it was me (and probably still was) but I guess there is a possibility that it is related.

johnson21
10-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Did you check the Maps forum? I made a Plane of Justice map a while back it should still work fine.

Madman
10-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Happened to me too. lost all of pod. So I thought about it and heres what I did. Just copy a map or use advanced text editor and make a file in the dir named for the zone. ex.. I made Podisease.map and put the labels on the first line like they are in the rest of the maps. Then it mapped and saved fine as I went. so pretty much acts like a template. I needed an innitial file to write to is my guess.

I'll get the maps up asap. Pauld, Twilight, scarlet, and a few others in the cvs rep are all ones I did and enjoy contributing this way. I plan to have at least 4-5 for to upload there for everyone.

showeqnewb
10-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Yeah i was a slacker and didnt see your PoJ map till today, I downloaded it and added the Tribunal Circle to it... it did save those changes :)