PDA

View Full Version : SEQ And 'Drake 9.0

JustACoder
10-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Well mandrake 9.0 seemed to be my easiest install. well i've only installed it twice including this one (got rootkitted :mad: :mad: ).

I downloaded and burned the 3 downloadable cds of 9.0 from the mandrake site, and when i got to the package selection screen I selected all of them removed a bunch of other envrioments cause I use KDE only.

The first thing I did was download QT 2.3.2 and that downloaded fine, I edited everything to put GCC-3.2 and GCC++-3.2 . 3.2 is the default compiled GCC version for 9.0. That compiled for a while as I went over and read about some other 9.0 issues, many which I did not encounter. Anyways....

Once that was finished I went on to getting the current Seq version from CVS. logged on got a couple password errors, and then finally got in, my CVS wouldn't log off though, so I just restarted mandrake to try and force a logout (it was giving me a logout is not a valid code for CVS) so I said to hell with it and did what I said.

I edited what files needed editing for SEQ and did a make ; make install. During that make it asked me to install a couple files, I didn't bother installing anything at the begininng, wish I had written down the files it was asking for , to help out others. but is just a little bit. 4 or 5 packages that was requested off of a default install. so 9.0 was an easy install. after that I booted up my windows box and started eq, and it caught it right away.

I had no difficulties at all other then the minor down time waiting for CVS to kick itself in the ass again to get back up and functional.

So for all you wondering if drake 9.0 will work, it worked for me.