PDA

View Full Version : New libEQ.a ?

cide
10-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Is there a new libEQ.a needed for seq to work since the recent changes?

high_jeeves
10-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Please read some before you post.

--Jeeves

cide
10-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Whats to make you think that I havnt "read some already" as you so bluntly put it.

I have looked and there are no official posts here about anything new besides the code being cracked. Alas, One gets the idea that the question hasnt been asked and goes ahead to do so after reinstalling showeq and experiance it not working.

Ratt
10-24-2002, 07:19 PM
The mind boggles...

high_jeeves
10-24-2002, 07:22 PM
The mind boggles...

At this point, mine just sighs...

--Jeeves

jeffc02
10-24-2002, 07:45 PM
http://www.smoothwall.org/download/...9.9/doc.faq.pdf

Finger it out.

qdogz
10-24-2002, 07:53 PM
I have been working on making the needed Opcode changes and have made almost every one. as well as discovering a few of my own.

However.. After I recompile each time, it still does not load any maps or information.

I too have read through the threads. I did load the Network Diagnostics and watched the Zone Packets run.. but no other packets under the other catagories.

Then.. "amazing" I read up and there is Decode Broken: 1. (0 No, 1 Yes) I presume.

Well?? libEQ.a is the decode for the packets.. right?

If I have applied the opcodes and structs correctly, the program compiles correctly, it even runs and caputres packets, then why is the data not being interpretted and displayed?

I think he had a valid question as to whether or not the libEQ.a had been changed.

and yes.. touch decode.cpp, touch packet.cpp

I think some people get a little to anxious ta bash someone around here. As I read the posts, no one has straightforwardly came out and said "libEQ.a is broken until the new opcodes and structs are found and added/replaced"..

So... to answer cide's question: No.. there is NOT a new libEQ.a, however you can go through and manually set your decodes if you wish.

rencro
10-24-2002, 08:19 PM
ANNOUNCEMNTS...When there is something new the Dev's here are pretty good about using the ANNOUNCEMENT thread to inform us of any developments. No recent announcement to me means no recent developments...BUT, if you poke around a bit you see lots of activity in the dev's thread. You know what that means? They are working on something. And when that something is finished they will ANNOUNCE it. Patience......

Oh, and this is just me, but the only post I have a problem with in this thread is Cide's reply to Jeeve's.

cide
10-24-2002, 09:10 PM
care to enlighten us?

qdogz
10-24-2002, 09:16 PM
ren.. I just meant in general.

It seems more that people will immediately jump down someones throat then offer something constructive, didnt mean here.

(back to topic)

about libEQ.a, if alot of us are able to go around within the source and recompile the opcodes, then what is the overall function of libEQ.a anyway?

If we decode the packets within our structs?

ok.. terminology aside here.

libEQ.a 's function is to decode the packets. right?

So, with all these opcode changes we are replacing in the source, isn't that what we are really doing anyway?

Or is libEQ.a still in use within the program to allow it to place the decoded packets into the right structs for the ................... (unknown).

high_jeeves
10-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Lets all make sure we know what we are saying before we make declarative statements. There are alot of people makeing alot of declarative statements all over these forums in the past few days, most of which clearly havent even looked at the source, decryption algorithm, encryption scheme, etc, they profess to know so much about...

libEQ.a 's function is to decode the packets. right?

No. libEQ.a decrypts (NOT the same as decoding, or reading the EQ protocol). ShowEQ is completely functional without libEQ.a, except there will be no decryption.

--Jeeves

SyberWired
10-25-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by jeffc02
http://www.smoothwall.org/download/...9.9/doc.faq.pdf

Finger it out.

Figure out what? A broken link page? Great answer, Jeff.

As far as the libEQ.a and the opcodes, if you go to the PLANES OF POWER post there is a link to the ongoing discussion of the new opcodes, and what has been done so far.

Or you could do a cvs update. The updated opcodes are there as well, I believe.