PDA

View Full Version : Make fails after CVS update

datadog
10-24-2002, 09:43 PM
After reading over in the Dev forum that the new opcodes and struct changes were posted to the CVS, i ran an update.

(set appropriate env stuff)
cvs udpate -d
./configure
make

Make fails with the following error.

make[2]: Entering directory `/root/install/showeq/src'
g++3 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include -I. -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c spawnlist.cpp
In file included from packet.h:30,
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
opcodes.h:60: parse error before `<<' token
In file included from packet.h:42,
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
/usr/include/netinet/in_systm.h:39: parse error before `}' token
make[2]: *** [spawnlist.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/install/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/install/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I didnt see anything in the announcement forums about a CVS udpate, but i did see a post somewhere in dev saying updates had been made.

I apologize if I got into the CVS mid update, or am just being generally impatient.

high_jeeves
10-24-2002, 11:13 PM
You edited a file, then updated it. CVS failed to merge the data (since you had edited a CVS file, that was also edited on the server). So, either manually merge that file (if you actually look at the file, CVS has pointed out the merge locations), or delete the file, and reupdate from CVS.

--Jeeves

datadog
10-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Excellent!

I 'moved' opcodes.h, decode.cpp, and packet.cpp out of the src tree and re ran. Worked like a champ.

Thanks Jeeves!