PDA

View Full Version : List of opcodes that have not yet been confirmed post PoP

Flotsam
10-25-2002, 09:05 AM
We are getting close to finishing opcode.h, so for clarification I thought I'd list all the opcodes that have yet to be defined (or confirmed). It is much easier than trying to figure it out in CVS :)

Here is the list

NAME // OLD VALUE // NEW VALUE???

ZoneServerInfo // 0x0480 // ???
DropCoinsCode // 0x0720 // ??? Note coins no longer droppable this packet may never be used
RemoveCoinsCode // 0x0820 // ???Note coins no longer droppable this packet may never be used
SysMsgCode // 0x1420 // ???
PlayerAACode // 0x1522 // ???
CorpseLocCode // 0x2120 // ???
AltExpUpdateCode // 0x2322 // ???
MoneyThingCode // 0x2820 // ???
cConCorpseCode // 0x3422 // ???
sSpellFizzleRegainCode // 0x3422 // ???
CloseGMCode // 0x4321 // ???
sDoneLootingCode // 0x4421 // ???
CloseVendorCode // 0x4521 // ???
cLootCorpseCode // 0x4e20 // ???
cDoneLootingCode // 0x4f20 // ???
MoneyOnCorpseCode // 0x5020 // ???
ItemOnCorpseCode // 0x5220 // ???
CharUpdateCode // 0x5521 // ???
cOpenSpellBookCode // 0x5821 // ???
NewGuildInZoneCode // 0x7b21 // ???
SPMesgCode // 0x8021 // ???
cSneakCode // 0x8521 // 0x8541??? Almost sure about this just need to confirm with a rogue
DoorSpawnCode // 0x9520 // ???
LevelUpUpdateCode // 0x9821 // ???
OpenGMCode // 0x9c20 // ???
sLootItemCode // 0xa020 // ???
BookTextCode // 0xce20 // ???
BadCastCode // 0xd321 // ???
TradeItemOutCode // 0xdf20 // ???
cChatFiltersCode // 0xff21 // ???

Can check many of these, but could use some help :)

Flotsam
10-25-2002, 09:10 AM
I will post a list of new opcodes as I confirm them and will only edit this list so I don't leave a thousand posts scattered all over...

CONFIRMED NEW OPCODES:

#define cConCorpseCode 0x3442
#define sSpellFizzleRegainCode 0x3542 // includes all server spell messages
#define CloseVendorCode 0x4541 // includes closing monster corpses
#define cLootCorpseCode 0x4e40
#define cDoneLootingCode 0x4f40
#define MoneyOnCorpseCode 0x5040
#define CharUpdateCode 0x5541
#define LevelUpUpdateCode 0x9841
#define sLootItemCode 0xa040
#define BookTextCode 0xce40
#define TradeItemOutCode 0xdf40
#define cChatFiltersCode 0xff41

Will update CVS shortly and post link

fryfrog
10-25-2002, 10:05 AM
i have a better suggestion...

make all your changes to opcodes.h in the ~/showeq/src dir, then...

cvs -z3 diff -c > diff-file

you can then link this file... AND others can patch by doing...

cd ~/showeq/src
wget "http://somepatchfile.com/diff-file"
patch < diff-file

and that way the devs can merge your changes and every time we don't have to go and merge your changes into our opcodes.h by hand THEN do the above. :)

Flotsam
10-25-2002, 10:52 AM
I'll do both :) Or try to...

In case people are wondering why I am doing this in kinda a back-assward way, I have a strange computer setup that does not allow me too much flexibility. I have three computers next to one another - one running SEQ, one running EQ, and this one.

This allows me to do a lot of packet checking, etc, and allows me to post my changes here in real time, as it were. Then I go back and use these notes to edit my opcodes files. The truth is, though, my SEQ computer is a dog and slow as hell so I don't do much with it other than run SEQ (keyboard is on the floor, etc) so doing all the CVS stuff takes me a while. I thought it would be helpful to let others see what I am up to by posting to these boards. At the same time, I know it is crazy trying to track all these changes manually so I will upload to CVS.

Heh... this is making the assumption that other people are working on this at the same time I am :) I hope this is the case otherwise it would be best for me just to work alone and upload to CVS whenever I had major update. The risk of this would be duplicative efforts...

Illydth
10-25-2002, 11:47 AM
From the Opcodes.h File i've got printed out and have been carrying around with me for 3 days now it looked like your original message was missing some opcodes that havn't been found yet.

I'm going to post ONLY the ones I think you missed. If you want me to complile the FULL list that I have please let me know. And if we want to consolidate all the information into one opcode post/thread (all missing and found) i'm happy to do that as well.

Anyway, the ones I didn't see you mention (that i've not gotten changes on) are as follows:

<World Server Opcodes>
GuildListCode // 0x9221 // ??

<Zone Server Opcodes>
cStartCampingCode // 0x0722 // ??
cRunToggleCode // 0x1f20 // ??
cJumpCode // 0x2020 // ??
CharInfo // 0x2e20 // ??
TradeItemInCode // 0x3120 // ??
TradeBookInCode // 0x3420 // ??
sSpellInterruptedCode // 0x4122 // ??
SummonedContainerCode // 0x7921 // ??

Also, You listed I believe 2 codes that I already had codes for (from other threads)

AltExpUpdateCode // 0x2322 // 0x2342
SPMesgCode // 0x8021 // 0x8041
<Edit re-formatted the codes to match the format of your last list>

<Edit>
p.s. Can anyone verify that DropCoinsCode and RemoveCoinsCode are in fact dead OpCodes at this point?

p.p.s. I know the admins want diffs so the stuff can get into CVS and I agree with that, but I for one also appreciate the posts here so I can keep track of this at work (where I don't have access to my seq box).

Gives me something to do in the day...:)

Flotsam
10-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Anyone know why I can't cut and paste into this messageboard? I can cut text out of my diff-file, but can't for the life of me paste it into this message area...

Any thoughts?