PDA

View Full Version : New map/cvs problems

cllnsj
10-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I read that the CVS opcode files had been updated recently (confirmed that they were patched through earlier this morning). I ran the CVS as usual & am at least seeing a screen now, but the map is all jumbled. No spawns are visible, no accurate map is visible, just a very large panel with tiny grids & constant zig-zaging lines traveling across the screen. I suppose that this is an improvement; however, it is not working as well as I read that it is supposed to now. Could this possibly be a cvs error or did I do something wrong with the download? I used the listed recommendation for the CVS process (Mandrake 8.2):

cd /root/showeq
make distclean
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 update
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
export CC=gcc-3.0.4 ; export CXX=g++-3.0.4 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as I am totally stumped why this is happening.

PS: The listed CVS update info was taken directly from the installation guide on this websight, just posted for reference purposes. SEQ was working like a charm prior to the recent patches, so I know that at least the original instalation was done properly.

zeroman
10-25-2002, 03:01 PM
I am also having the same problem.

what is happening is the map becomne a tiny spec in the window.

even at max zoom, its so small its unreadable.

Ive turned off eveything in the SHOW, except for things specifc to the map.

The map does load correctly, at correct viewing zoom, but then immediatly gets shrunk.

Any thoughts?

bonkersbobcat
10-25-2002, 03:28 PM
I believe that the map auto zooms (sizes) to include the area that contains all of the map features and spawns.

If you receive spawns (or position updates) for things that are very far apart in different directions, this could cause the map view to "shrink".

This could easily happen if you have the wrong op codes or packet structures. If this is the case you would get "random" location data, causing the map to scale weirdly.

I would make sure you have the latest cvs with the updated opcodes and structures.

Zones that I have been in seem to map correctly for me.

zeroman
10-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Im current on the CVS as of about 2 hours ago.

Thats pretty much the same thing I thought, its receiving something thats causing it to make the maps > 20000 x 20000 or bigger.

Theoritically, if I tell it not to display anything but the map, it shouldn't do that? (am I thinking right?) or is there some other voodoo going on behind the scenes that it updates the actual map lines / zoom based on packet info?

Im really only interested in getting the maps working, I do realize everything else it fubar atm.

Is there something else that displays on the map that cant be toggled off/on in the menus? Ive turned off everything that can be turned off now, still the same condition.

Reave
10-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Something is definitely wrong with the latest update. I got it at roughly 5:30 EST and am having the same problems as above. Friend who got it earlier is working fine.

baelang
10-25-2002, 04:31 PM
yes, this is a problem with the current version (4.3.0) in cvs.

set the broken decode option and everything will be fine.

you can do this on the command line by specifying -b

showeq -b

or inside showeq under the "network" menu.

Madman
10-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Is it safe to say this is intentional in yesterday's patch?

**and the war continues...**

homer
10-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Mine was working fine, I had done most the coding by hand and then I did a CVS today when I got home from work, after compiling and starting, I got the same thing plus mine would crash alot too.