PDA

View Full Version : Garbled Text in Spawn List

Dizzy
10-25-2002, 09:17 PM
First post here, but yes I have searched and looked all over for this info. I just wanted to know if everyone else as of todays update is getting garbled text in the Spawn lists. Most of them are of course unknown spawns, but I get several that are just a mass of garbled text.

And yes I did the update earlier today, going to do it again right now in case there was another change since then.

Gullork
10-26-2002, 01:21 AM
As has been stated several dozen times in the last week, decoing is not currently being done correctly and work is being done to fix it. As such, mobs are not decoding. Therefore they are garbled.

Just turn [Broken Decode] on under the [Network] drop down menu until they get it fixed.

Dizzy
10-26-2002, 06:37 AM
Yeah I read that the other day and did turn Broken Decode on, but I still have garbeled text. And the longer I am in zone the more lines of garbeed text I get to the spawn list window.

anyother ideas?

I did a full update again last night and still no good. Do you think maybe I should do a regular install and just delete my current folders?

Not that big a deal cause maps work good still. Just trying to understand the program more and whats what.

Dirtface
10-26-2002, 07:57 AM
anyother ideas?

Yeah. WAIT.

Gullork
10-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Remember that when you update, sometimes your settings get lost. Happened to me once. Make sure you turned broken decode back on. I just tried it, without broken decode on I get garbled spawns and lines of them running from the ends of the earth, with it on, they all go away. Recheck your setting again. Try saving preferences with them off, then turn it on and save preferences again. If it still doesn't work, you're just gonna have to wait it out. G'luck.

baelang
10-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Get the latest version of showeq from CVS and install it.

make sure you call showeq witht he -b option

if you still get garbled text, DOUBLE CHECK that broken decode mode is checked under the "network" menu

because you won't get anything other than your character and unknown spawns in the spawnlist if broken decode mode is used.

Dizzy
10-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah I keep checking it each time now to make sure its on and it seems okay. Not sure if it matters but I make sure its on before i go into EQ with a toon.