PDA

View Full Version : Rares, Named and Alert Sounds???

Dizzy
10-26-2002, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to confirm. As of right now we can not get any named mobs or rares to show correctly for Alert sounds right?

Are any of you getting alerted when a named or rare pops?

I just started messing with the program so never had a chance to see it working good before PoP broke it. Hard to figure out what does what when its broke :)

I did DL Blue Adepts filters though and they are in, just wondered if its still possible to get the sound alerts if a named or rare pops? Doesn't appear though anyways, unless I am doing something wrong still.

Komari
10-26-2002, 04:15 PM
I don't see how it could even know a rare had popped if they arent decoding the spawns yet.

thus there would be no reason to play a sound.

Sit tite, they will figure out the encryption sooner or later.

Dizzy
10-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Thats what I thought, but wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Just did some testing with the filters and I am getting the beeps for unknown added to the list. So at least sound is working for it.

One thing though. When it was working before the PoP patch did all we get was on beep for a alert warning? Or is there a way to make it beep continiously in case we are away in another room so we hear it or till we turn it off when it sees a named or rare?

Dirtface
10-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Actually, no offense to Blue Adept, but I've run across countless mistakes in his filters files, and have, as such, recently fixed them.

Although this is the innappropriate forum, Im simply replying to the thread, and will gladly post all correct filters, or rather, give them to Blue Adept.

For instance: Spelling errors, missing Named Mobs, and no "#" in front of the name when there should be.

Dizzy
10-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Guess I am going to have to go through the filters and see.

One question though. Does the name of the mob you want alerted too have to be the exact upper or lower case spelling and put in the filter that way?

Was wondering cause in Blue Adepts filters I was looking at the mobs have for example Garou but he just has garou in lowercase. Does this matter at all?

baelang
10-27-2002, 02:47 AM
there is an option to select if the filters are case sensitive or not.

Dizzy
10-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Yes saw that in one of the option windows....thx

BlueAdept
10-27-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Dirtface
Actually, no offense to Blue Adept, but I've run across countless mistakes in his filters files, and have, as such, recently fixed them.

Although this is the innappropriate forum, Im simply replying to the thread, and will gladly post all correct filters, or rather, give them to Blue Adept.

For instance: Spelling errors, missing Named Mobs, and no "#" in front of the name when there should be.

A lot of those filters were made before they started adding #'s to rare/special mobs.

I will gladly take any corrections and update the filters. just email me at [email protected].

When SEQ works again, I could really use some people to send me spawnlogs from PoP so we can start making a rares list for there.

I am also still missing a lot of Luclin rares/specials. If you know any that the filters are missing, please notify me and Ill get them added.

Dizzy
10-27-2002, 08:15 AM
Hmm, what mobs have a number in front of there names? A few examples would be good.

I never seen any with it that I can remember unless its a hidden # thats not displayed for normal viewing.

Mr. Suspicious
10-27-2002, 08:29 AM
Hmm, what mobs have a number in front of there names? A few examples would be good.

Not a number! The character "#"

On a side note: ALL mobs (and players) have a number at the END of their name. An_Orc001, An_Asp017, #The_Avatar_of_War001. This number and the character "_" are filtered out before displaying them in the spawnlist. Everquest uses the mobname to identify individual mobs.

I never seen any with it that I can remember unless its a hidden # thats not displayed for normal viewing.

Take a better look at the spawnlist once it's working again, I'm sure you'll be able to spot the mobs that have a # in front of their names.

Dirtface
10-27-2002, 09:39 AM
I am also still missing a lot of Luclin rares/specials. If you know any that the filters are missing, please notify me and Ill get them added.

Absolutly. I actually am so obsessed with having a complete and working spawn list that I went through nearly every zone correcting everything.

Basically, BA, I corrected all your spelling mistakes, added the #'s in front of mobs, added some mobs, and basically duped the names from Alert to Hunt. (I believe all Named should blink, especially since my sound isnt working on linux. Dont know how to fix it)

So, my filters are pretty much complete, but let me give some examples:

-Chardok Royals, specifically with the surname "Di'Zok" would not show up. Had to remove "Di'zok", and The Prince, Queen, and King would show up fine.

-Added a # in front of mobs such as Rumblecrush, Zelnithak, and Doomshade, and many more.

-Removed "Xi'vius" from Alert filters and hunt filters in ME. The entire zone blinked.

-Added all wanderers in Katta to Hunt, so that they would blink. I would've added them to Danger, but a.) they arent dangers. and b.) I hunt them.

Theres a lot more, but I cant think right now as I just woke up and have an extreme case of pink eye in both eyes with a healthy side of hangover.

Additionally, anyones whos seen my posts before knows I have no scruples about admitting im still learning linux. I'll bite the bullet on this one: I dont know how to tar.

BlueAdept
10-27-2002, 10:44 AM

Theres a lot more, but I cant think right now as I just woke up and have an extreme case of pink eye in both eyes with a healthy side of hangover.

Additionally, anyones whos seen my posts before knows I have no scruples about admitting im still learning linux. I'll bite the bullet on this one: I dont know how to tar.

You dont need to tar them up to send them to me, they are small. It is when people try to send me a 35 meg spawn list that I have problems if it isnt gzed or bzed.

Heh...good luck on your hangover :)

Dirtface
10-27-2002, 03:24 PM
The Pink Eye is worse.

Want them individually?

BlueAdept
10-27-2002, 04:20 PM
The Pink Eye is worse.

Want them individually?

Doesnt matter. You can even zip them if you want.

Never had pink eye...thank god.

Dirtface
10-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Doesnt matter. You can even zip them if you want.

Never had pink eye...thank god.

Again, youre speaking to a Linux learner. I cant even set up a viewable network from Linux.

Ever had eye boogers in the morning?

Pink eye is like that. Only every twenty minutes...in both corners of your eyes....and it leaks. it leaks a lot.

Oh...and the burning is comparable to the fiery flames of hell.

BlueAdept
10-27-2002, 09:49 PM
What I ment is that you can either send them uncompressed (I think you can add multiple attachments from linux) or you can use any compression program you wish.

Ill give you an example of how to compress files into a bz2 if you want to give it a try.

Copy the files you want into another directory. The example below will change to the seq directory and copy all .conf files to /root/temp and then compress the files.

su (changes to the root account at the passowrd prompt put the root password)

cd /root (changes to the root directory)
mkdir temp (makes a directory temp under /root)
cd /usr/local/share/showeq (changes to the seq directory)
cp *.conf /root/temp (copys all .conf files from the seq directory to the /root/temp dir)
cd /root/temp (changes to the /root/temp dir)
tar -jcf filters.bz2 *.conf (compresses all the .conf files in the /root/temp directory)

if you dont need/want to copy all the .conf files from the showeq dir to the /root/temp, you can substitute each full name (like oasis.conf) instead of the *.conf. You can then email the file. It would be in the /root/temp/ and it would be named filters.bz2.