PDA

View Full Version : Donno if this should go here or in the Dev form

Gjeret
10-27-2002, 01:54 AM
But to avoid getting Flamed, I'll post it here....

Just Re-installed SEQ today to get the "correct" CVS version vs my poorly hacked one I was using after PoP...

Anyhou, I've noticed some spawns not showing up,

The Colidan Guards/miners in GD (even when I click or right click on them) but they _Sometimes_ show up when a Druid is Quadding them around (their copses do show up)

Also, The Goblins guarding the mines of Nurga in FM, again Click/Right click does nothing in SEQ, didn't kill one to see if corpses showed (too busy looking for a Rare *boggle* didn't see a one tonight)

Don't know if this was working in the past, or if it just broke with PoP, but now that I'm looking for "broken" things I've noticed it...

Just my 2 crowns.

-Gj-

LordCrush
10-27-2002, 02:28 AM
try the following :

1. Learn reading
2. Look at your screen - read all
3. Try to find the button SEARCH
4. Put your mouse over that button
5. Click it
6. Write POP in the line for Keyword
7. Press Enter
8. Read the results

===> ???

baelang
10-27-2002, 02:56 AM
wow, crush. that was a very good flame.

but, it does sound like he is using broken decode mode and also has unknown spawns selected.

his question is about some spawns not showning up as unknown while others do.

(spanws don't show up, but do show up when a druid is kiting them.)

the answer is that "unknown spawns" are the result of movement update packets. so, in broken decode mode, you will not see any spawns that are stationary until/unless they move enough to get and update sent to your client.

This is a delta on any axis and can sometimes be as little movement as turnign around when someone hails them, or a little "blip" from lag, or when they spawn and "fall out of the sky"

the short answer is: in "unknown spawn" mode you see most, but not all, mobs..

fryfrog
10-27-2002, 09:41 AM
hehe, i learned this the hard way (even though i had read about it) the other day in PoD. i was just poping around when i thought, "hey, an empty building" and i just kinda... ran up to it. needless to say there were like 8 snot guys in it... so i'm running around trying to decide if i will just die or zone... and i run RIGHT into ANOTHER building of snot guys. it was just easier to die semi-close to my group ;)

LordCrush
10-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Hmm Sorry ... I read the post again :(

<-------- has to learn reading !

My apology !

/em copy´s the Flame for the next time :D

Gjeret
10-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Nod,

Thanks baelang,

That makes a lot of sense!
(and is good to know!)