PDA

View Full Version : Wait until after release?

Dirtface
10-27-2002, 10:13 AM
Should I wait until after SeQ is fully working with PoP to test my guildmgr?

As it is now, I cant seem to get Seq to pull guilds2.dat from the server. When I run SeQ, it says "Warning - Could not load guildsfile /usr/local/share/guilds2.dat"

I go and look for it, but its just not there.

monster69
10-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I had the same problem (not downloading the guilds file initially) so I copied the one from my EQ directory over and ever since then SEQ pulls it down correctly.

As to its usefullness right not... It's not. Because decode is not working you cannot tell who anyone is much less what guild they are in.

So, the short answer (that should have been at the top) is you need to wait until decode is working again.

Monster

Cryonic
10-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Is this the correct directory for the file?

/usr/local/share/guilds2.dat

most of the rest of the SEQ files are in /usr/local/share/showeq/

baelang
10-27-2002, 11:37 PM
the everquest servers only send the guild data file when an update is needed, not every time. to force a download of the datafile for guildmgr, do the following:

* start up showeq first. then start everquest
* at server select screen, select a different server from your normal one and click on "play EQ"
* at character select screen, select "Quit" to go back to server select.
* select your normal server and log in normally.

you should now have the proper guild data file in showeq.

if that dosen't work you may have to log all the way in to a character on some server other than your normal one to force a change of the file.

it _may_ work (not tested!) to delete the guilds2.dat file from your everquest directory and then start everquest.

or you can just manually copy the guilds2.dat file over to your seq box as stated in the posts above.

Dirtface
10-28-2002, 02:06 AM
Umm, I dont have a guild2.dat in my everquest directory (on my win98 machine)