PDA

View Full Version : Unknown host cvs.seq.sourceforge.net

dillonml
10-27-2002, 12:31 PM
I tried to update showeq like I used to a few months ago, but all I get when tryin to login is that error

Unknown host cvs.seq.sourceforge.net

I had been using what seems to be the old method of updating, using export command then cvs login however when it didnt work I went to the help forums and got what wa slisted there

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

when the request for password pops up I just hit enter but it sits there doing nothing and then sends the unknown host error.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I've been using showeq for a year now and this never happened before.

Mr. Suspicious
10-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Either:

1) You made a typo (a very common error I see is people type "sorceforge" instead of "sourceforge")
2) Your ISP's DNS isn't resolving the host name correctly

LordCrush
10-27-2002, 01:50 PM
the server is

cvs.sourceforge.net

the complete path is

cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/seq

:)

Mr. Suspicious
10-27-2002, 02:24 PM
The commandline:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

is correct tho =)

SeqTester
10-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Try with Ip instead. If it is a DNS Issue then this will work, if some other Issue should still not work.

"cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login"

dillonml
10-27-2002, 11:33 PM
thanks for the attempts at helping me guys :) I figured it out though and it wasnt anything wrong with DNS or anything (although I did recheck my DNS)

I have to use a firewall to get my other computers to use my linux machine as a gateway... and what i hadnt realized is that the last times I had updated showeq , I had done so AFTER rebooting and BEFORE starting the firewall... this would work fine.

Today I tried to update with the firewall running and it doesnt want to let me connect to sourceforge :) so i turned it off and it works fine, Igot the updates. Thanks alot .

Mike