PDA

View Full Version : Diluting the signal to noise ratio

who_me_use_seq
10-28-2002, 09:03 AM
Thank you Jeeves, and all,

I am no coder. My Linux skills suck.

But I decided to try some fixes on SEQ on my own. (Boy! you can just picture what is gonna happen can't you?)

So I got everything all hosed up sideways, and eventually came to a compile error that made no sense at all to me. I thought about posting a question in help forum with the compiler output and a general plea for help. But I could picture in my mind the replys that would generate. (I am not stupid, just lazy). So I started digging and I tracked down the source of the errors. (You know those man pages and the help switch have some very useful informatin :) ).

By the time that I was done I had fixed what I broke, and on top of that I learned some really interesting things about the mechanics of SEQ and about the compile process (interesting to me. I am sure that they are dull as toast to those of you who know what you are doing.)

I am sorry to post an essentially contentless message here, but I do want to offer my thanks. Those of you who work on the project do a magnificent job, and by insisting that people actually think before they post you sometimes jolt people, like me, into the unfamiliar realm of thinking for ourselves.

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 09:08 AM
Congrats on getting everything working! Its amazing what people can do when they try.

--Jeeves

Mr Guy
10-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Feel like a proud papa?

domesticbeer
10-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Little High_Jeeves running around sends a chill down my spine.

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 01:15 PM
Baby_Jeeves say: "Whaaaa! RTFM!!! Whaaa!!!"

--Jeeves

Mr Guy
10-28-2002, 01:59 PM
Potty training would be hell in that house.