PDA

View Full Version : is decode working with latest CVS?

sam
10-28-2002, 09:19 AM
I'm at work (and will be for the next 7 hours) but I'm dying to know if decode was fixed with the latest cvs update. In the changes file, tee has:
"update to EQDecode to handle new crypto"

So anyone out there know if its working yet? Huh? Come on... I'm dying to know here!

AbaddonxXx69
10-28-2002, 09:28 AM
I believe we still need a new libEQ.a

Mr Guy
10-28-2002, 09:32 AM
There is a libEQ.a with a date of Oct 28 in the .md5....

Course I can't try it until I get home.

sam
10-28-2002, 09:36 AM
Yeah, thats what I thought also... but I'm still hopeful that when I get home and remove that -b option, something magical will happen with fairies dancing around sprinkly fairy dust on my linux box and SEQ will just work and I can start tracking down that dark blue mob and ignore that light blue one.

sam
10-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Thank you guys.... you have no idea how much I love you and want to have a sex change to have your children now. I think I'm coming down with something now and must leave work early... /cough

Thanx guys!!!

monster69
10-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Damn Sam, They have therapist for that kind of stuff.

Just buy em a pizza and some beer.

Monster

Kimbler
10-28-2002, 10:47 AM
There is a libEQ.a with a date of Oct 28 in the .md5....

Do we have access to the new libEQ.a yet or dev only at this time. The regular libEQ.a sources still have the old file.

Sorry if this should be in "help" but the question is obviously too closely linked to this thread. Thanks for the great work guys.

EDIT!!! The libEQ.a files are indeed the new ones. it's just when you use the "wget" it doesn't overwrite the old file it give the downloaded file a new name like libEQ.a.1 (thanks Fryfrog). Delete the orginal (old one ) file and rename the new one and you are ready.(I had to recompile).

Mr Guy
10-28-2002, 10:50 AM
I'm not a dev and I got a version dated Oct 28th with a new md5 out of the sources listed in README.libeq

fryfrog
10-28-2002, 10:52 AM
same here. and i'm not a dev. in fact, i'm so not a dev that you might consider me anti-dev. BOOM.

LordCrush
10-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Working :) - nice colored spawns :D :D :D :D

Woooooooot

/bow /kneel /congratulate

/wave

Thank you Dev-Team !!! :)

workhorse
10-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Just got the latest CVS, no decode for me, but the maps are spectaculiar! Thanks for the great work dev team.

Anything I may have done wrong? I got the CVS, did the export, compiled and did make. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!

GratefulUser
10-28-2002, 01:18 PM
Hat's off to you guys. Great work :)

z26o
10-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Workhorse -

Did you get the latest libEQ.a? Check the doc's for the ftp site.
you need that also.

If your not sure cd to your /usr/lib dir and type "md5sum libEQ.a" (no quotes). Compare the number to the one listed on the front page of our forum.

-z-

sam
10-28-2002, 01:56 PM
"Just buy em a pizza and some beer."

Ok, pizza and beer on me, give me the info on how to order one for you in your area, dev-team. Send me the bill for the beer, cant have that delivered...

workhorse
10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Thx Z for the reply. I went and read the Readme.LibEQ and got the latest version. Had to trash the old one and rename the new one yadda yadda.

Compile worked ok...now im waiting for this beast to Install and should be gtg. Thanks!

Tadix
10-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Doing good only had a few issues with duplicate opcode.h and everquest.h files but worked around that ok. Hade to head to work before I could truly test it out so.. thanks again everyone.:D

malakin
10-28-2002, 11:23 PM
Likely only needed for older compilers but if you get "integer constant out of range" errors while trying to compile add -fpermissive to your CXXFLAGS.

tmiss
10-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Very impressive work getting it working again. :) Way faster than I thought possible.

TMiss

WitchDoctor
10-30-2002, 09:54 AM
I just wanted to give my genuine thanks for the time and hard work you have given all of us.

Digi
10-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Excellent work and quicker than anyone thought. Thank you very much!

mbozio
10-31-2002, 10:40 AM
not decoding after 10/31 patch with latest CVS

Madman
10-31-2002, 02:23 PM
Did update and new make and notta. Put back the old libeq file for kicks and same thing. I started my C++ dump but don't expect anything from me for a month. so its up to our current devs.

Now for Mad's 2 cents...
I saw the walkthru to help get people patched up. it was mentioned that we need to watch the amount of people who use it and rather have some do the work and know what they are doing to get running. Instead we have people buying a box for an insane price or getting stroke by stroke help for after the initial install. I think after that install walktrhough its up to the user to follow along so some research on how things operate or what they do. can't say this latest change was intentional at us to frustrate or part of the ongoing process of implimenting the new expansion. Easily could be from the later which is why it wasn't announced the new library was ready and was stumbled upon.

Summary to this is, help to be nice but don't spoil. And use a private message or email to thank the people responsible instead of thanking them in a thread where anyone can read them (reasoning behind this is simple when you think about it so won't go into it further.)

tigerknight
10-31-2002, 05:33 PM
i rebuilt my showeq last week and got the new libEQ.a and it worked fine - until this morning with the EQ halloween patch. Looks like it's temporarily broken again.

shadowcat
10-31-2002, 05:35 PM
You may want to read the discussion in the General Discussion forum.

Arrendek
10-31-2002, 08:51 PM
It seems to me that they broke it special for the GM events, so that us "showeq"ers wouldn't have the upper hand in it all
I was just wondering if the devs know what the change was yet?