PDA

View Full Version : FindKey problem

Virusmaster
10-28-2002, 12:40 PM
I did some searching, could only find one match to "FindKey" and it was not the problem :(

message on my screen while compiling says...

/seq/showeq/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined referance to 'FindKey'
collect2:id returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any ideas?? I'll dig some more...

LordCrush
10-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Hmm no idea - but have you made a fresh download or an update ?

Try a fresh download! Have you an old libEQ.a in your path ? remove it

Knighttime
10-28-2002, 07:39 PM
I am also having this problem..

Fresh download, only one copy of libEQ.a and the md5sum is correct.

Virusmaster
10-28-2002, 10:56 PM
All right, life is good once more. Don't know what the problem was exactly, but here's my fix...

did a global search for libEQ*.* and deleted all matches. (this was not the fix, but did show me I have not been using the latest libEQ file for quite a while).

deleted /seq/showeq and all contents, forcing make to work with new stuff only.

deleted /usr/local/share/showeq folder as well, ridding myself of even more unknown problems.

Checked dependencies with "checkdeps.sh", a script you can find with the search function. All dependencies were ok.

Installed QT stuff again, said it was already installed and blew me off, so that was not the issue.

ran my unsupported install script (again, use search or follow any basic instructions posted everywhere on this board) and DID NOT RECIEVE ANY ERRORS. woot for me :)

works like a champ now. My guess is something in the origonal install, of something I have messed with at some time, messed up the install. Deleting the directories removed the problem. Not exactly what I'd call a fix, but good enough for me. Time to go exploring again :)

Love you all, even the assholes who I resemble so much :)

Knighttime
11-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Ok, now I am getting it again. Got it on the latexst ver of showeq.

decode.o: In function 'EQDecode::LocateKey():
/seq/linux/src/decode.cpp:153: undefined reference to 'Findey'

I have snagged the latest version from cvs
I have also downloaded the latest ver of Libeq

any thoughts?

I have done a clean install of Redhat 7.2, following the installation instructions on this board.

Please let me know what other info (and how to get it) that will assist in the resolution of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Knighttime