PDA

View Full Version : Error during ./configure on last version

nicjac
10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Hey all,
I downloaded the lastest CVS version of ShowEQ and tried to install it.
I did everything as usual, the make distclean, the multiple export lines.
But when I try to ./configure, I get this error :

Checking for QT MOC... configure: No working Qt mega object compiler ( moc ) found!

Configure was unable to locate a moc binary anywhere on your system!

I changed nothing on my box since I installed ShowEQ last time :/

If any thread answered this problem, please forget me, I tried to search but found nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.

nicjac.

Dedpoet
10-28-2002, 03:12 PM
You probably exported your QTDIR incorectly. Make sure you have Qt installed in the place you are exporting. Depending no your distro, which version of Qt you are using, and which walkthru you used, it could be one of several places.

nicjac
10-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Im using Redhat 7.2 with QT 2.3.2 ... I touched nothing since last install, shouldnt it work still ? :/

nicjac
10-28-2002, 03:39 PM
When trying to recompile QT-2.3.2, im getting a moc error too.
What could cause that ?

fryfrog
10-28-2002, 04:07 PM
did you export your QTDIR properly? it is not a perm thing, you need to do it any time you want to compile something.

nicjac
10-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Yes I did.

Virusmaster
10-28-2002, 09:10 PM
I had that problem a long time ago, turned out to be I was exporting incorrectly based on info someone posted that had set up QT differently than me.

nicjac
10-29-2002, 02:36 AM
bah seems im exporting it the right way :/

Anyway to check ?

Mr. Suspicious
10-29-2002, 06:25 AM
Anyway to check ?

Look at the directory structure?

On a sidenote. If it works for everyone folling the readme.newbies to the T, it worked for you before and doesn't do now. There must be something wrong on your side. Either you do the wrong steps or you fubarred on install. Without even a little bit more info then what you are providing, noone will be able to assist you.

Simply put: NEED MORE INPUT! (read http://www.smoothwall.org/download/pdf/docs/0.9.9/doc.faq.pdf for more information )