PDA

View Full Version : Still no decode

datadog
10-28-2002, 03:08 PM
hmm

Just downloaded and complied the latest CVS (ShowEQ 4.3.0?) No errors.

Replaced /usr/lib/libEQ.a with the one that matches the md5sum provided on the dev forum (per README.LIBEQ). No other libEQ.a's anywhere on the system (all old versions renamed).
Not using -b option on the command line

Still no decodes for me.

Everything else is working great tho.

Am i missing something somewhere?

datadog
10-28-2002, 03:24 PM
double hmm..

It is working now..

Didnt change anything. Just shut evertying down and restarted.

Recompiled and restarted EQ. Decoding like a champ now.

I wonder if I was just being to impatient. Does decode potentionally take longer now?

fryfrog
10-28-2002, 04:06 PM
you know that you have to re-compile seq when you get a new libEQ.a file? i don't think you mentioned in your first post if you had done this or not.

Mr. Suspicious
10-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Had the same thing, untill I realized the order of the universe: Get libEQ.a first THEN recompile Showeq. Works like a smoothly oiled sewing machine now =)

datadog
10-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Triple hmm,

Yes, i mentioned in my first post that I had recompiled.

Just downloaded and complied the latest CVS (ShowEQ 4.3.0?) No errors.

As far as libEQ.a, I didnt think the compile process was dependant on it. I did change libEQ.a AFTER i compiled, but before I ran SEQ.

Is it necessary to have the latest LibEQ.a in /usr/lib during compile?

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 05:08 PM
Yes, how else would it get into the executable? It is a static library (.a), not a shared library (.so).

--Jeeves

Circles
10-28-2002, 05:09 PM
couple things i noticed, when i downloaded the new libEQ, i forgot to delete the only one first, so the new one was renamed libEQ.a.1. I tried to rename it after deleting the libEQ.a that exsisted, it didnt work, so i went to the file browser and renamed it there... thats when i noticed libEQ.a is a archive, not a actual library, and contains libEQ.o (which i assume is the actual program)

so i think part of the ./configure extracts it and adds the data to your build. (since its not just refrenced as a library)

**this is all a clueless newbie guess, so take it wit ha lot of salt :)**

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 05:11 PM
so i think part of the ./configure extracts it and adds the data to your build. (since its not just refrenced as a library)

This is not at all accurate, please dont post confusing information unless you know it is correct. It hurts more than it helps.

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
10-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Yes, i mentioned in my first post that I had recompiled.

Noooo... you say: you recompiled first THEN got the new libEQ.a =)

That didn't work (and ofcourse it doesn't because it's the wrong order) then you say: "Oy, I only shutdown everything and recompiled and NOW it works, weeeeeird: I didn't change anything"

and ofcourse it works then, because you followed the right order the 2nd recompile (got the libEQ.a first * before the shutdwn and after the first recompile * and THEN recompiled)

As far as libEQ.a, I didnt think the compile process was dependant on it.

It is.

I did change libEQ.a AFTER i compiled, but before I ran SEQ.

Yes, wrong order (as per INSTALL.newbies, chapter 3. Updating ShowEQ): 1) Get libEQ.a, 2) get ShowEQ source, 3) recompile, 4) run

datadog
10-29-2002, 06:14 PM
what is THAT all about!??