PDA

View Full Version : Recompile

krimzon
10-28-2002, 04:32 PM
I recompiled the script by executing the SEQ.txt. It went through and did a whack of things.

I now have working maps, and my position shows. However no mobs show, nor does anything else. The spawn points show but that is all.

I know that it says in the recent update to do a make clean first or something of the sort, however I do not understand. I am used to FreeBSD and RedHat is slightly different.

Please help.

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 04:39 PM
SEQ.txt is fairly ancient, and probably doesnt work correctly anymore.

As for make clean, did you perchance try something crazy and unexpected, like typing "make clean" and pressing enter?

--Jeeves

Cryonic
10-28-2002, 04:41 PM
We do not support using a shell script to update or install showeq. Find a Howto on this site or read the FAQ and use the SEARCH feature.

krimzon
10-28-2002, 04:50 PM
If you are talking about the radical idea of type "make clean" yes I did that.

I did in the /seq directory.

The response was;
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.

Now what?

ezzaps
10-28-2002, 05:00 PM
I know nothing about unix, but as long as you used CVS and updated, and then did a make clean, it all should work. It did for me. I had NO problems with make clean, and then I followed the directions in install.newbie like it was a first time install.. and poof.. it worked.. well.. SEQ worked.. my hub is a linksys (linksys hub == switch == SEQ does not work w/ switches.) so I can't test it for sure.

Circles
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
since im clueless, i think i must ask, isnt the command make distclean?

or are there diffrent commands here that im just not aware of?

krimzon
10-28-2002, 05:13 PM
Since I am not familiar with the CVS command can you please explain the process in greater detail too me? I simply do not understand what I am to do to get this werking again.

The first I did this it was easy casue I had step by step insructions.

flipper
10-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by krimzon
Since I am not familiar with the CVS command can you please explain the process in greater detail too me? I simply do not understand what I am to do to get this werking again.

The first I did this it was easy casue I had step by step insructions.
There is a link at the top-right side of the screen that is named CVS. That link provides the information you need.

The CVS link is here: CVS (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=10131)

Hit enter when prompted for a password when you issue the first command. Replace modulename with showeq in the second command.

Then:
cd showeq
export QTDIR=/path/to/your/qt/libraries (this is optional)
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

krimzon
10-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Checking for Qt MOC... configure: error: No working Qt meta object compiler (moc) found!

Configure was unable to locate a moc binary anywhere on your system!

So now I cant get past this point.
Does it matter that I already have SEQ installed on this machine?

flipper
10-28-2002, 07:06 PM
Use the optional command I listed to tell the ./configure where to look for your QT installation. If you havent compiled SEQ in a while then I would guess you have qt-2.3.2.

The command will look something like:
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2 (put in your qt path)

If that still fails, then you can download and recompile either qt-2.3.2 or qt-3.0.5. Here are directions to do that:

cd /usr/lib/
ncftpget ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.gz
tar xvvfz qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.gz
mv qt-x11-free-3.0.5 qt-3.0.5
rm qt-x11-free-3.0.5.tar.gz
cd qt-3.0.5
export QTDIR=$(pwd)
./configure -thread
make

You can then use:
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5

cd /path/to/your/showeq/source
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Good luck.

krimzon
10-28-2002, 08:26 PM
None of this werks for me...
Each time I try what you have told me I am encountering another damn error.

/bin/sh: g++: command not found
gmake: *** [pbuilder_pbx.dep] error 127
gmake failed to build. Aborting.

I installed all these packages correctly. I must since I have SEQ werking perfectly before this goddamn patch.

high_jeeves
10-28-2002, 08:31 PM
1) working is spelled with an O, you sound like an idiot, and that doesnt make people want to help you.

2) See the readme.newbies for information on all the correct export lines and file locations before building. (There is a whole section on updating).

--Jeeves

krimzon
10-28-2002, 08:33 PM
No need to flame.

I'm just trying to get some help, I don't need the bloody insults.

showeqnewb
10-28-2002, 10:36 PM
Ok here is exactly what I am entering...

cd /usr/lib
wget --passive-ftp ftp://smurfette.trifocus.net/pub/libeq/i386/linux/libEQ.a
md5sum libEQ.a
cd /root/showeq
make distclean
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 update
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
head -n CHANGES
export CC=gcc3 ; export CXX=g++3 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make -j3 && make install

Possible Errors:
after the cvs -z3... I get:
? decode.cpp
? packet.cpp

after make I get:
make[2]: Entering Directory `/root/showeq/maps
make[2]: *** Warning: File `Codecay.map' has modification time in the future (2002-10-27 09:38:25 > 2002-10-26 21:14:50)
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: warnign: Clock skew detected. Your build may be imcomplete.
make[2]: Leaving directory /root/showeq/maps

Then it compiles for a bit more...

In file included from packet.h:30
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
opcodes.h:62: parse error before `<<' token
In file included from packet.h.42,
from spawnlist.cpp:35:
/usr/include/netinet/in_systm.h:39: parse error before `}' token
make[2]: *** [spawnlist.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Tadix
10-29-2002, 02:42 AM
showeqnewb

I'm not too sure how you have your files set up. but from one thing you said:

quote:
---------------------
Possible Errors:
after the cvs -z3... I get:
? decode.cpp
? packet.cpp

Looks like it's not able to fine the two files to update.
you said also that you did cd /root/showeq I know i have seen it as /seq/showeq/ you may wish to try it again from there because most first installs I've seen has you make a /seq/showeq directory. If you find this is the case then try the update again from /seq/showeq and see if that helps again i'm not sure how you have it installed.

quick way to check is doing a cd /seq/showeq/src and see if the directory is there. the decode.cpp and packet.cpp are located in the src directory.

and for krimzon: if you getting the Qt Moc error when doing the ./configure try adding:
export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
then running the ./configure that should get you passed that error.

Hope it helps gl.

nicjac
10-29-2002, 06:24 AM
I got the exact same problem than Krimzon.
I followed the procedure point per point, did all the exports...

Can anyone help us ? :confused:

z26o
10-29-2002, 08:43 AM
showeqnewb -

Another thing to watch out for is this line

warnign: Clock skew detected. Your build may be imcomplete. It indicates that your system clock is not set properly. I had this problem with my very first install and it caused me lot's of problems.

For me, after I set the clock, I had to recomplie everything (including QT). But that was because I got the same type of warnings during that compile as well.

Good Luck with it...

-z-

Dedpoet
10-29-2002, 08:43 AM
make[2]: warnign: Clock skew detected. Your build may be imcomplete.

Clock skew means that the time that your computer says it is doesn't jive with the date and time on the CVS files. To fix this, check the time on your computer and make sure it is correct. Than I would rm -r your whole showeq directory and do the cvs checkout again. That will make sure your files all have proper timestamps. It could have been a daylight savings time thing if you live in an area that does this.

For the MOC error, it means that you didn't export your QTDIR variable properly. You need to make sure that your QT installation is actually where you are saying it is. Check the directory you are exporting, do you see QT there? If you followed the Redhat walkthru, then it is probably in either /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2 (as was mentioned above) or in /opt/qt-2.3.2 Check both locations and see which is correct, then export that as your QTDIR.

showeqnewb
10-29-2002, 09:47 AM
All the other files download correctly after those two.

/root/showeq is my install dir.

I am able to find the two files in their directory.

My clock was off due to the time savings... (grrr... also cant get the stupid clock to sync with the bios)

On one compile I adjusted the time to the correct time... same error then I adjusted the time to a day ahead same error...

Dedpoet
10-29-2002, 10:57 AM
The directory where the QT RPM's sit is not the directory where QT is installed, it's just where you downloaded the rpm's. Just check out your directory structure and find where the actual QT directory is. I don't want to sound like a dick, but you need to poke around with the "cd" and "ls" commands. If you don't know how to do that, please read up a bit on Linux. Your QTDIR is most likely one of the ones I mentioned above, I guarantee you it's not /root/showeq, that's your ShowEQ install directory.

nicjac
10-29-2002, 01:07 PM
If QT was the problem, wouldnt it say that it cant find QT Libs ? I got everything right until the MOC error.

high_jeeves
10-29-2002, 01:17 PM
MOC is the QT Meta Object Compiler... This will be in your QT directory (actually, in a subdir), which must be reference by the QTDIR environment variable. It will be the same QTDIR that you set when you originally built everything.

--Jeeves

domesticbeer
10-29-2002, 02:00 PM
cd to your qt directory.
you can find this out by doing
echo $QTDIR
once there look for moc
once you know where that is do pwd
then type this export MOC = /pathtoyourqtdirectory/moc

the go back to your showeq directory and try to compile