PDA

View Full Version : install errors

Grendalus
10-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Having issues with install.
I have downloaded the new libEQ.a and verified that it is the correct file. I have installed the 2 rpms, qt-gcc3-2.3.2-1.i386 and qt-gcc3-devel-2.3.2-1.i386, i ran the make distclean, and I have run the seq.txt all to no avail. The only error I see when running the script is a problem with downloading the qt files from doom... so I downloaded them from Zaphod's sight.... and the copy file error at the end of the script. Eveything appears to run rather smoothly. ShowEQ even runs, however it still runs like the pre-patch mode. The primary map is tiny, character stats are all messed up or missing and the spawn log is all gibberish except for the character I am playing, it has correct stats.... am I missing something or is there a setting in ShowEQ that i have missed with the new updates.

Tadix
10-29-2002, 02:06 AM
Not sure of the exact error you are getting you should post what the exact error message is but this may help you some.

Sounds like you are still using the old libEQ.a.... there was a post about it in another string about how when you download the new libEQ.a it marks it as libEQ.a.1

from post thread
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2154

Also check to make sure that when you are running either ./configure you are running through without any errors.

Grendalus
10-29-2002, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I double checked that as well, I did a mv to libEQ.bak and then downloaded the new lib file. I have also checked the lib dir to make sure there are no libEQ files other than the .bak and .a, think at this point I am just going to trash the whole system and start over. Thanks for your help.

Mr. Suspicious
10-29-2002, 08:38 AM
I have run the seq.txt

Outdated more then 6 months ago. Don't use those install scripts. Use the INSTALL.newbies file found in your ShowEQ directory or in the CVS here (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup)

Grendalus
10-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info, think with all the compiles I have tried, I am going to try a format, clean install of 7.2 and do the newbie install from scratch.

Should have done that from the start. This has been a big foobar for me at least from the get go. Thanks for the reminder about the install....

fryfrog
10-29-2002, 09:38 AM
might want to have a try at redhat 8 or mandrake 9. they both already have gcc-3.2 as their default compiler, so all you have to do is download and compile qt, then download and comiple seq (no worries about specifying which compiler to use, etc...).

Grendalus
10-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Good idea, will try RH 8, saves one step =), especially since I already have the CDs ready.

Thanks