PDA

View Full Version : SEQ still not working right

kaos057
10-29-2002, 03:43 PM
I downloaded the new libEQ.a (verified with md5sum)
Made sure that it was the only one on computer
updated seq
recompiled
ran seq and I get the mapping, position, drops, and unknown spawns. I am still not seeing player or npc locations at all. Any reason why this might be happening?

high_jeeves
10-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Did you follow the instructions for updating that are found in INSTALL.newbies? Specifically, did you do a "make install"? Please post what version you are running (it is printed to the console when you run).

--Jeeves

kaos057
10-29-2002, 04:12 PM
version is 4.3.0 and i updated it like i always do and yes it is the same way as in the install.newbies. and yes i did the ./configure, make, make install everything installed fine it said.

anon2
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Remove old libEQ.a
cd /usr/lib
wget --passive-ftp <insert libEQ site here>
cd /root/showeq
cvs -z3 update
make clean
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make

Worked for me, got it running with no problems.

Raistlin
10-29-2002, 04:46 PM
Hey all:

I'll try to illeviat all the questions about me just doing something stupid in a sec, but here's the issue.

SEQ is now decoding spawns and showing stuff ok. HOWEVER, last night when playing I noticed some very strange quirks.

1) It's not decoding all the spawns. - Almost half of the spawns in OT that spawned (not that were there when I zoned in, but that spawned afterword) were not picked up by seq. In other words, i'd be wandering down from the ledge to pull and i'd get hit by a mob that wasn't showing on SEQ. I don't remember that happening before. BTW there were 45 people in the zone at the time, so I would think it was populated enough for SEQ to decode.
And yes, I did zone in with seq running.

2) It's not showing all the players - The list of PCs in teh zone was maybe 1/4 of the way full. My friend who i was looking for to group with was in zone and was NOT on my map...yes, he was in zone prior to me zoning in.

3) Corpse Location Problem - This was the oddest problem I have seen in SEQ yet. Had a guy send me a tell asking me to take a look for his corpse (I had a paladin with me who was going to do the rez) so we went and started looking for the corpse. We got the the spot where Seq showed his corpse. There was NOTHING there. He had 2 other corpses in zone both of which we found (neither corpse had anything on it and wasn't the most recent) so finally I asked the guy where he thought it was and he gave me a loc he took while runnning, we went there and sure enough, his corpse was lying there...no corpse marker in SEQ at all, but the equip list seq showd him wearing on the corpse marker where his corpse wasn't matched what the corpse was wearing that we found but that SEQ didn't have marked ((*whew, that was a mouthfull :) )

<Comple>
Ok, so here's what I did. I did a make clean and a make distclean in the seq directory, logged into CVS did a cvs -z3 update, then did a logout.

That got me all the recent files. I set my environment vars (Mandrake 8.1 I think, whatever it was that didn't have gcc-3.0.1 as it's default complier) and using QT 2.3.2. So after seeting environment I hit the /usr/lib dir, moved the libEQ.a binary out of the directory (moved, not copied) and did a new download of libEQ.a (verified the md5 sum).

Once I had libEQ.a down, the distribution cleaned and distcleaned I did the standard.

make -f Makefile.dist (I think)
./configure
make
make install.

Executed SEQ and it popped right up and started decoding spawns...but obviously not all of them...or it wasn't in OT last night, can't tell in any other zone yet.

That Paladin friend of mine was seeing the same things I was as to that corpse, and he was seeing the same thing with the spawns in LGuk/UGuk.

Sorry for the length, but I wanted all the info here. What am I doing wrong or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that I'm VERY appreciative to all the devs that worked their asses off to get this version working. You guys have my HIGHEST respect (decoding a 64 bit encryption algorithm is NOT easy, no matter how basic), please don't take this to mean i'm unhappy in any way, all in all it's nice to have my "third eye" back..:)