PDA

View Full Version : my issues with new build

h0bbit
10-29-2002, 05:21 PM
I completely removed everything from the previous version, including /usr/local/share, /usr/local/bin and libEQ.a

Did a full cvs checkout, compiled successfully, got the new libEQ.a and threw in /usr/lib

When I run the new version now, i get zone changes working correctly with my charactor position working. It get the info for my character correctly. Heres the problems i AM having though.

After I zone, the map zooms out like 50x, and i have to manually zoom in many times to get the map to fit the map window correctly.

No mobs decode or show up.

In the ALL list, i see alot of garbled information that looks as if it should be mobs, but it seems to be random characters for the names, and information.

Anyone have this problem, and / or can guide me to troubleshoot it further?

Thanks.

Mr. Suspicious
10-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Did a full cvs checkout, compiled successfully, got the new libEQ.a and threw in /usr/lib

Pretty obvious: wrong order

Thread (only a few posts below this one, don't be afraid to use the search feature or follow the INSTALL.newbies file's install recommendations, they won't bite): Still no decode (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2169)

h0bbit
10-29-2002, 05:59 PM
Ahh thanks that must be it. I did do a search, but didnt know what to search on. Thought it was something else corrupted other than the decoding since my maps were zooming weird and weird characters showing up.

Thanks again for dealing with noobs! =P