PDA

View Full Version : Map Size

Nish
10-29-2002, 06:22 PM
Anyone having proplems with Map sizing?

Decodes work fine for me, but map is ultra small! Any Ideas

PainNSuffering
10-29-2002, 08:17 PM
I was working with SEQ last night. it worked great except for the map size. this used to be a problem with echo caverns all the time, but It never bothed me.
Now when ever I enter the planes the maps start out normal and then resize on thier own, soon becoming to small to read. tested it in multiple pop zones, happens with all of them.

PainNSuffering
10-29-2002, 08:25 PM
ooh, think I might have found my problem here
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2169

I created a simple script to update for me, and for a libEQ.a update. I forgot to delete my old version of libEQ.a so ended up making a libEQ.a.1 , after the script finnised I delted libEQ.a and renamed libEQ.a.1 to libEQ.a

I think I will just recompile and see what happens.

Nish
10-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Well I ahve deleted all occurances of libEQ.a on my system, Down loaded the new one again recompiled same thing... map is so small I have to zone to 32X just to use it for directional use.

then only thing I can think is my qt libaray needs updating qt-2.3.2, but I have seen references that say they are using the same libaray

domesticbeer
10-30-2002, 11:48 AM
nope you are getting an unknown spawn that is not decoded and outside the Map width and Heigth. So SEQ is increasing the map area to accomodate this spawn, but the map has a set width and height so it gets shrunk.

PainNSuffering
10-31-2002, 12:26 AM
I recompiled and it did fix the problem. double checked in echo, and it still happens, but yes it is because of a spawn 2430952349090 miles from any actual location on the map.

Nish
10-31-2002, 03:36 AM
Well, third re-compile worked! don't know what/if I did any thign different but I am all good now... Musta fat fingered the commands or somthing... anyways thanks foe not flaming me with use search and rtfm