PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Error 0 Please Read Details Inside

Hobo
10-29-2002, 07:52 PM
OK, following the INSTALL.newbies file I've completed everything with no problems up to the point of entering the command ./configure

Once I enter this command it starts compiling and then stops after a short period of time with the following error message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

checking for Qt MOC...configure: error: No working Qt meta object compiler (moc) found!

Configure was unable to locate a moc binary anywhere in your system!

If you have a working moc binary, please set the environment variable MOC to point to the location of your moc binary and run configure over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So obviously I am missing this moc binary but frankly I'm at a loss to figure out where to get it, or (if I do have it) what command to use to point to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hobo

Hobo
10-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Ok, I'm continuing to research this and although I feel like I'm getting closer, I'm still not 100% certain that I'm on the right track.

I've tried using the command export QTDIR=opt/qt-2.3.2 as well as the command from the INSTALL.newbie file that is export QTDIR=/usr/libg/qt-2.3.2

Yet I still get the same MOC error. Messing around with a text editor I can see that I now have the file qt-qcc3-2.3.2/ in both the /opt and /usr/lib directories. So any idea why configure can't find one or either of them?

I know I'm close, but I can't quite put my finger on what is wrong. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hobo

Hobo
10-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Well I still wasn't able to resolve the problem so I just decided to start from scratch and follow the INSTALL.newbies file from the very begining. Compiling QT now and hopefully it won't take 6+ hours. :)

Hobo
10-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Ok, fixed it by doing a clean install. All works great once again. Although I never figured out what was causing the problem (checked and double checked my export typing and such) I think it might simply have had something to do with me trying to update and not doing it properly. Lotsa searching and then a serious read of the install documents finally led me down the path of least resistance....Reinstall SEQ from scratch. Awesome job developers, Thank you