PDA

View Full Version : need some help on starting seq please

Newbie's_corpse
10-29-2002, 10:34 PM
while I installed my seq 4.3.0 it happened...

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Listening for client: 192.168.1.100
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, IP host 192.168.1.100
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!

then, my seq window shows nothing..
What did I missed?

high_jeeves
10-30-2002, 12:10 AM
What did I missed?

I dont know.. but I think I missed about 3 quarters of your post (The part with all of the relevant information). Please read the FAQ, and then post information that might actually help us resolve the problem. Until then, I can say for 100% certainty that ShowEQ is starting normally, and that is it.

--Jeeves

ShaqNewb
10-30-2002, 04:55 AM
Did you install as root? Those file paths dont look right to me.... wil double check it, something doesnt look right, as compared to what I am use to seeing... will see if I can put my finger on it.

Also give more details???

Cryonic
10-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Looks like you missed nothing. SEQ is up and running just fine if those are the messages you received when starting it.

z26o
10-30-2002, 11:12 AM
... but did you zone after starting seq?

Also- Did you get the *new* "libeq.a" . (what's the md5sum say?)
Was seq working for you prior to PoP, or this your first install? If not, what does your network setup look like?
Need more input! <lot's more>

-z-

Kris Kringle
10-30-2002, 05:04 PM
It appears to be starting correctly, the paths listed are the same ones i use, (/usr/local/share/showeq), there is no client detected though, so after you load it, try zoning, or camping out and back in, etc etc etc...

Make sure that the IP its listening on (192.168.1.100, as stated in the first post) is the correct one for the machie you run EQ on.

invictus123
10-30-2002, 06:06 PM
Dude, that is exactly the same error I get when starting seq. The maps don't show up even after I zone...I have no idea why it's not able to detect the client.

invictus123
10-30-2002, 06:07 PM
I have a hardware router with a firewall...any suggestions? Using mandrake 9.0

Hitman
10-30-2002, 06:18 PM
EQ comp and ShowEQ comp on Router = bad!

EQ comp and ShowEQ comp on hub with hub uplinked to router for connection sharing = good!

Get a hub!

Pointblank49
10-30-2002, 06:37 PM
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!

I'm having the same exact problem was wondering if the above line could be what's wrong. I have done a file search and can't find this file anywhere on my system. I am using a hub btw and used to run this fine before PoP came out. Any idea's where to get this file or where in the installation something went wrong? I followed the instructions here http://www.hackersquest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=276

Pointblank49
10-30-2002, 07:01 PM
How do I wipe out seq to start from scratch again. Just delete the folder?

Hitman
10-30-2002, 08:00 PM
The showeq.xml file isn't created until you save one. It isn't necessary to fire up ShowEQ...it just stores saved preferences.

To whipe out your ShowEQ and reinstall? Sure...delete the directory AND /usr/lib/libEQ.a. Download them all and recompile.