PDA

View Full Version : Install for 7.2 with the install.newbie guide

Grendalus
10-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone, just to say up front, I'm a newbie and I was able to get ShowEQ running, after a bit of trouble....

I have been trying to get the new version to update for the last 2 days with no success. As with many of you other newbies.

After taking some GOOD advise and reading for about 4 plus hours I did the following and got ShowEQ to run.

First off, I originally installed ShowEQ from the install.newbie guide. So the "export" paths and all of the directory structures are exactly like they are listed in the install guide.

1. print out the install.newbie guide from your showeq directory, or find a link to it from this sight.

2. read the guide from start to finish. No joke, take the time to read it.

3. go to your /usr/lib directory and delete your old libEQ.a file (or rename it), and while you are there check to see if you have any other variations of the libEQ file that end with .a.1 or .a.2.... you will probably want to delete those files as well.

4. I have only been running ShowEQ for about 3 months so I decided to skip to section 1.7 of the guide. At this point I had tried so many attempts to do the upgrades without any success I went to my /seq directory and renamed my current showeq directory to showeq.bak and made a new showeq directory to do a new install in. So from the /seq directory I followed the steps listed in point 1.7 and downloaded the new ShowEQ files.

5. Next, download the new libEQ.a file and verify it as well. Thats step 1.8 in the guide.... and search this sight for the commands on how to verify the libEQ file..... they stress over and over here to verify this file.... its good adivse to be on the safe side.

6. Now follow step 1.9 and compile....
** Note I originally installed from these instructions so my paths and export paths did not need to be modified in any way.

7. And lastly run ShowEQ.... I did notice that the first time I ran ShowEQ I had to zone before I say any new spawns....... but I'm back in business.... WHOOT.

8. If you did not install from these directions originally..... and if you are a newbie like me.... it may be a good time to reinstall your machine from scratch and follow these directions.... its very easy, and simply spelled out.

Good Luck to all.

Grendalus