PDA

View Full Version : SEQ RedHat 7.2 Installation for those with the MOC Configure error

Hobo
10-30-2002, 10:42 AM
These instructions may not be the most efficient, but I think they are the easiest to follow and they worked for me after fighting with the configure error of no QT moc found.

It assumes that you had a previous copy of SEQ up and running. If you're doing an install COMPLETELY from scratch then you'll have to follow the link below and do ALL the steps in it. Basically my method is one that I used because after trying to just do the "update" portion of the install.newbies file and I kept running into that configure error regarding the MOC.

1) Start by using a text editor and delete your current libEQ.a file. This is to ensure that later you have only ONE libEQ.a in the appropriate directory.

2)Go read this file and read ALL of it BEFORE going any further.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

3) Start at section 1.3 and follow the instructions EXACTLY as shown.

The compiling process for QT is very slow (took almost 3 hours on my 333 mhz machine).

Once finished with all the compiling through section 1.9 stop.

Now either continue with section 2.0 on running Showeq as outlined there, or run Showeq just as you did with your older version. If you don't get any data to decode (Showeq just sits there and does nothing) you probably need to go to the Network section in Showeq and set Showeq to sniff the correct IP that you run EQ on.

Anyway, hope this helps all those with the MOC error. Good luck!

Hobo

Knighttime
10-30-2002, 10:50 AM
well, I was getting the Findkey error earlier.. after trying all sorts of resolutions, I just wiped out the whole Linux install and started from scratch following the Redhat 7.2 instructions posted. This solved the problem.

Strange that I had to do this because I did not change anything.. my linux machine is just for Seq..

Took about an hour to reinstall everything, then about 45 min to compile the Seq..

Might be faster if your linux box is a dedicated Seq machine. )