View Full Version : Maps won't save?!

quester
10-30-2002, 02:15 PM
With tha latest build, this is what I did:

1) Stood in front of a PoK portal.
2) Right click map, Edit, Add Location
3) Typedin "PoP Portal"
4) File, Save Map
5) Move around a bit to make the text pop up (Note sometimes it never does!)
6) File, Save Map again

I then zone, and come back, and my location is gone.

Dok
10-30-2002, 05:50 PM
The loc is there. Its just that it has no color value. (set to null). Just edit the file and change it to white. It'll be at the bottom.

quester
10-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Hmm.. i'll check that. If thats the case, then the code needs to be fixed a bit though, to either 1) Not change the color on me (It starts out white when I do see it), or 2) Allow you to change the color.

quester
10-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Well I jyst checked the map file and it isn't there. Going to try adding it yet again in SEQ, save it, and see what happens...

Snoochie
10-31-2002, 10:13 AM
I did CTRL-L to start a line. I set the line color using the popup dialogue. I used CTRL-P to set a long series of points. The first small part of the line between the first half a dozen points showed up within a minute or two. The rest of the line didn't show up for 15 minutes but finally did. I used the menu bar File>save to save the map. I didn't have any map for this zone at the time. In the maps directory, no map for this zone existed after I attempted to save my single line map.

Two problems. 1- why the delay on map drawing showing up? 2- saving modifications or new maps doesn't seem to work.

This was done with a completely fresh checkout from CVS.

Ideas? I would like to modify some maps but my modifications don't stick.

ksmith
10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Personally I modify the maps by hand.

Snoochie
11-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Good for you. Personally I use a windows map editor. Sometimes I want to modify maps while I am playing. Now back to the question.