View Full Version : ld error

Relowd
10-30-2002, 08:09 PM
2 people working on this problem
only 1 box

he = person 1
I = person 2

what we've done:
he ran ShowEQ with /usr/local/src/seq/src/libEQ.a and it would start but just sat there. i ran tcpdump and saw that the packets were coming in but the program wasen't doing anything. he did some reading and saw a solution where the guy having the same problem placed libEQ.a into /usr/local/lib. so we copied libEQ.a into /usr/lib and ran the configure script then "make clean" then make, ld returned this error

decode.o: In function `ThreadFunc(void*)':
/usr/local/src/seq/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
decode.o: In function `EQDecode::LocateKey()':
/usr/local/src/seq/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have ShowEQ-4.2.15.tar.gz
with the libEQ.a from Monday that was dated 10-28-02 5:30

What is causing this? Or better yet how do I fix it?

Cryonic
10-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Seeing as how the latest version is 4.3.0, ...

Mr. Suspicious
10-31-2002, 04:10 AM
so we copied libEQ.a into /usr/lib and ran the configure script then "make clean" then make, ld returned this error

And having libEQ.a in two different spots is a definate nono..... and OMG, you doing "make clean" AFTER ./configure * shakes his head *

You know, reading the documentation (like... the INSTALL.newbies (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) file found in your ShowEQ directory) isn't realy a waste of time, I know you think it is... but it isn't, believe me.

Relowd
10-31-2002, 04:48 PM
the I person
Cryonic- thanks for the info

Mr. Suspicious -
'And having libEQ.a in two different spots is a definate nono.....
> that's correct and i did forget to mention that the original copy of libEQ.a was removed from the search path.

and OMG, you doing "make clean" AFTER ./configure * shakes his head *'
> *laughing* please tell me why running make clean AFTER ./configure makes you shake your head? I'm not trying to be smart, really why?