PDA

View Full Version : From Graffe's board....

Ataal
10-31-2002, 06:42 PM
http://pub140.ezboard.com/fgraffeswizardcompilationfrm1.showMessage?topicID= 22508.topic

In case anyone was in the dark about some of the rumors going around, here's another wrench to throw in....

Read what absor posted....priceless.

Iam_Walrus
10-31-2002, 07:25 PM
I prefer Zenatul's comment, currently the final post to that thread.

tirne
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Would be better chance of playing EQ on linux.

grinningpizza
10-31-2002, 08:39 PM
errrr, you can play EQ on linux. just need the right programs ~.~

JustACoder
10-31-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by grinningpizza
errrr, you can play EQ on linux. just need the right programs ~.~

many ways, theres a program floating around that actually lets you run it directly off linux box and you can run an emulator, it's yoru own little EQW, atleast I think that's how it works, never actually tried emulating windows on a linux box.

Haytrid
10-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Whoooo hooo!

Let loose the dogs of war!

Remeber to always support the time and talents of those whom you enjoy the work of.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=ratt%40users.sourceforge.net&item_name=SEQ+EFF+Donation

Hats off to all those who will SURELY make ShowEQ work somehow.

Haytrid
:mad:

EDIT- put in the fundage link

Resiliant
10-31-2002, 10:26 PM
OK i tried to register on Graffe... but i couldn't get it to work so i'll post it here. What a bunch of Hypocrites!

They sit on their web site dedicated to discovering and publisizing all the secrets of the Epic, the new spells, all the evasions and tricks to kill mobs with MannaBurn groups...

And they shout 'Cheater' when someone, through their own skill and ability, is able to decypher the information that tells us NOT how to kill Venril Sathir with six people, but simply where things are in the zone. We don't get any help killing them, we still need our skill and ability to play the game and yet they all shout 'cheater!' 'cheater!' as they press their Mannaburn button to kill mobs designed for entire guilds to engage. Not to MENTION that the entire web site, technically, is a cheat. If you were to play the came *strictly* according to the rules, you would have to discover *every* quest, and *every* spell drop YOURSELF. I submit, emphatically, that there is little or no difference between all the web sites, the Alla's the CR's, and yes, Graffe's, who'se sole purpose is to discover and reveal the SECRETS OF THE GAME, and ShowEQ, except that perhaps SEQ is more useful, and more helpful, and frankly, MORE FUN, then any web site.

Good GRIEF people... THIS IS A GAME! I pay my money to play it, and insofar as i don't diminish fundamentally other people's experience, I should be permitted to play it ANYWAY I see fit. If i want no help.. so be it. If i want to see spawns.. if that is what makes my play time more enjoyable.. then SO BE IT.

And for GOODNESS sake, don't be telling ME how to play a game I baught, and I paid for, and I invest my time and energy in PLAYING!

Irate Res

Haytrid
10-31-2002, 11:00 PM
amen.... every time you look up a quest you are "cheating" and even IF i see what is up... 90% of it I sure as hell can not kill all by myself.

Haytrid
:mad:

Edit-grammar

IgorQ
11-01-2002, 12:23 PM
The PVP on Rallos Zek has gone way down. The ones I know use SEQ must be on their legit. Alts because I haven't seen them. Another SEQ user is pretty obvious to an SEQ user. especially when they are chasing you with melee when they are blind...

One of the primary reasons I use SEQ on Rallos is to avoid the PVP. Its very relaxing know that soandso pker is not in zone or to instantly know the cons of all the players in zone so you dont have to bag that 30ac helm...

Oh well. we'll see what happens.

p.s. Dont put full usage SEQ on windows. Memmory scanner that sends key to SEQ linux via network will do for me. Working on one that prints found key to my printer so i can type it in to SEQ.

IgorQ

fgay trader
11-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by IgorQ
p.s. Dont put full usage SEQ on windows. Memmory scanner that sends key to SEQ linux via network will do for me. Working on one that prints found key to my printer so i can type it in to SEQ.

Problem is, when the memory scanner is available (and it already is in a very crude form), people will be able to write programs like SEQ for any OS. The reason libEQ.a was not open-source was to "hide" the process of finding the decryption key and thus avoid 100's of SEQ-like programs popping up everywhere.

Amadeus
11-02-2002, 11:31 AM
Problem is, when the memory scanner is available (and it already is in a very crude form), people will be able to write programs like SEQ for any OS. The reason libEQ.a was not open-source was to "hide" the process of finding the decryption key and thus avoid 100's of SEQ-like programs popping up everywhere.

As far as I know libEQ.a is still required for ShowEQ to run, and it's still closed source. The key does you very little good if your application doesn't know what to do with it :)

Finding the client session key (ala the' memory scanner' posted by Mvern) was possible all along. Doing a port to Windows would still require creation of the routines found in libEQ.a ... which has always been possible, but frowned upon.