PDA

View Full Version : Just a Suggestion......

Logic_Dingo
10-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Hello there everyone. This is my first post on the message boards and there is a reason why. I did a tremendous amount of reading last weekend to set up my first Linux box with Showeq on it. I hadnt touched a Linux operating system before saturday afternoon but have been programming in Pascal, Cobol, and VB for the last 15 years. I started saturday evening and got it all up and running
by sunday night. I has plenty of questions to ask, and some were not answered here. (But many were) but I sure wasnt for the life of me going to ask. Now my point is that a "normal" person wouldnt even have a clue as to how to setup a Linux box, much less get Showeq up
and running so I would safely assume that most people that read this site are rather intelligent people. Why make an effort to try to make it even harder by concentrating on flaming them? Obviously you are a very intelligent group of people. For the sake of educating others wouldnt it be more productive and encouraging by a simple link to another post where the comment was already addressed be enough? Only one outcome can be produced by this.

Simply more information posted by smart people. I would guarantee a tremendous amount more of useful information would be posted if people werent flamed on each and every comment made. Just from researching and installing Showeq this weekend and being a complete novice at it, I found a wealth of resources outside of this message board, but during reading all of the posts, I was completely reluctant to post any of it and refrained. It seems these forums are nothing but a campfire to throw aspiring intelligent people
into, thus less information contributed by people in the whole.

Can we work together here? Just an idea......

BlueAdept
10-31-2002, 07:40 PM
There already was TOO much information out on how to get it working. I think every problem that could have cropped up had been answered in the past.

Hell...with Red Hat 8, you didn't need to do anything extra to get it to work. Just download and compile.

The point is moot now. No one will have to learn anything. I expect a windows version will be coming out in the near future.

Logic_Dingo
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
I loved your site btw Blue Adept...I sent you an email about it. Thanks for the clear concise and non-tainted information there....Wish we could make your message boards thrive........

BlueAdept
10-31-2002, 08:07 PM
Actually I got rid of the part about my site that I liked the most.

Under my help section, all I had was "There is no help for you!" :) I changed it a bit and actually did put how to get help on some stuff.

As for the message board, I dont care. I never really thought anyone would use it anyway. I dont even remember my password for the message section.

I still cant believe that there have been 12000 hits since I started the counter on the site. The first day I had it posted here, I got over 1000 hits and since then average about 50-100 a day. I had to change my site too because I ran out of my bandwidth usage so I redesigned to a low bandwidth site. I never thought I would hit 2000 hits in a year let alone 12000 since May.