PDA

View Full Version : So.....do I understand that SEQ is broke and NOT fixable??

ladybat
11-01-2002, 12:41 AM
I am at work and have been reading the threads...but it seems like I missed something........I just did the cvs update the other day adn got seq working....butnow it seems that VI has made it so that seq "cannot" be made workable again?

I am not very knowledgable about linux...but it "seems" to be the indication being said here is that SEQ is done????

I didnt mean to start another thread but since Im at work and have bene reading this I thought I would ask to see if Lordcrush or Ratt could reply and let me know....as you buys have been very helpful to me in the past....

If SEQ is done then I am done with EQ...after more then 3 1/2 years seq was the little bit of spice that kept me going ( the map feature and being able to help determine a mobs level so I didnt get summoned0

regardless thanks to Ratt and crew for all of your hard work ...I am alittle unsure as to what ahs happaned but Im trying to piece it together.

Thanks

Michelle :)

TuxedoTex
11-01-2002, 02:09 AM
It doesn't look like it'll be workable in it's current form.

Given some work though, there will probably be another version of SEQ one way or another. It just might not be libEQ.a based, or even Linux based at all.

Exo
11-01-2002, 05:59 AM
SEQ, like most projects, will go the way of the facts that motivate it's core team. If the core team is here simply to find a way to cheat then it will die if SOE can make it too costly to cheat in this way. If they are here because they enjoy this kind of puzzel, and have fun with this kind of work then it will never die regardless of what SOE does to it. I have had the priviledge of having met a few of the gifted people that are often refered to as the Dev team. I'm almost certain SEQ will live. I'm also almost certain that the face of SEQ will change in a good way soon, good being based on my opinion. SOE's efforts will only serve to fuel a fire that was best left untended.

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired-you quit when the gorilla is tired. "
-Robert Strauss