PDA

View Full Version : Why Can SEQ still SHow Mob Health?

Hobo
11-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Why is it, that after the latest developments of SEQ I can still con a mob I'm fighting and get it's precise percentage of health under the HP column?

Is SEQ reading this info directly from my client after it is decoded by the client? I'm just wondering if this can be used (in any way) to further decode the mob information? Maybe we can't get all the zone mobs info at once, but maybe we could get the mob infor on mobs we con or fight. Just some random thoughts as it seemed kinda odd to be able to see percentage of health still.

Hobo

jeffo
11-01-2002, 01:07 PM
no. the only packets(that i know if) that have ever been encrypted are the spawn packets. the spawn packets contain information about what the spawn is (lvl, model, holding, light source, etc etc) to allow the client to display that spawn properly.

other packets, such as spawn movement packets(vector information), hp updates(mob, player, and self), experience updates, aa exp updates, and those type of updates are still plaintext, and therefore showeq can still read them.

them being readable by show eq does not assist the project in any way towards decrypting the compressed spawn packets.

-Jeff

Hobo
11-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Damn. Oh well. Thanks for setting me straight.

Hobo

blebel
11-01-2002, 02:45 PM
How about a Spawn record (p2p) system, I log on , target mob , mob recorded. Dynamic DB with Spawns ?

(im down a couple of beers but itīs Friday)

Blebel