PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea that came to mind

MisterSpock
11-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Until the direction of the future of the program is solidly determined and stated, here is an idea.

It is probably not the best idea in the world, and there may be technical reasons why it isn't good, so I will accept flames accordingly...

For the time being, could we make a 'trainable' version of SEQ that reads the results of Ox3741 (con). Is it sufficiently readable that we could at least tell SEQ to re-color the dot on the screen? Perhaps add something to reflect the faction..

Another idea is the ability to manually enter a name and/or con for the mob.

Just a thought... flame away!

throx
11-01-2002, 04:31 PM
I think it's a good direction for SEQ to go. Forget the Windows versions, forget the key sniffers. Sony changed the walls SEQ can operate in so work within those walls.

Of course, I'm pretty critical of SEQ users anyway but that's my 2c worth. In the end the devs have to ask whether they are doing this for personal research and gratification or to assist people in getting phat lewts. I always believed it was the former until reading the "let loose the dogs of war" comments which suggest that they are, in fact, pissed that Sony took away their phat lewt detection code.

A true reserach project would just look at the new boundaries and work with them, certainly not throwing a bone at the script kiddies and macroquest crowd.

oakley
11-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I highly doubt that they are concerned with getting phat lewts, before it was a challenge to fix showeq's decryption. SoE just made it near impossible. Even if the dev team stopped, at this point others would rise up and take control of it. So why not try to best SoE, its a challenge of wits, and ingenuity. I don't see either side giving up at this point.