PDA

View Full Version : SEQ for EQ Europa ?

Rummenigge
11-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Finally, I got SEQ to run ... just to realize it doesn't work with my SMC Barricade Router ;)

But now I'm wondering if SEQ will work with Everquest Europa, or maybe it even works with Everquest EU Beta right now ? I would like to know that, otherwise I don't need to look for a hub ...

thanks in advance for your information

Arrendek
11-02-2002, 06:26 PM
I've found that you can make it work over any router/switch/hub, all you have to do is set the linux box as a gateway and set up a firewall that forwards the packets... and don't anyone say that this changes the passivness, because it works just like any other router. Only difference is that the packets are actually passing through the computer, instead of the computer sniffing them.

Rummenigge
11-03-2002, 04:08 AM
I just borrowed a hub from a friend, it works fine. But I guess I'll try using the linux PC as a gateway. By the way, I'm very happy that I finally tried linux, it's a nice thing and I'm really enjoying playing around with it.
SEQ works, but I only see the map while zoning, when zoning process is complete, I get a blank map .. :( and spawns are still unkown (most), seems to be the Europa Beta version.
I still have to try some things, like the keymaker, but I only get 0x0000000 keys so far.
Still a lot to do on my list, feel free to add any helpful information !