PDA

View Full Version : error while loading shared library: libstdc++.so.4

Bigglesworth
11-01-2002, 09:49 PM
Well, I just ran the CVS update and recompiled showeq. It all went through without any problems, but now when I try to run it I get the following error:

"showeq: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I went through and checked the directory structure and it is all there. I did notice one thing during the compile, I got a few warnings at the end, here is the warning:

"warning: libstdc++.so.3, needed by /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib/libqt-mt.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.4"

I notice the obvious correlation here and was wondering if anyone new what was going on here. I used the following to execute the update:

cd /seq/showeq
make distclean
cvs login
cvs co showeq
make -f Makefile.dist
export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
./configure
make

After the first compile and failed execution I decided to try it again and ended up with the same problem. SEQ takes about 1 - 1.5 hours to compile on my 300mhz box, and it is dedicated seq box.

Thanks for any help,
Bigglesworth

Cryonic
11-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Don't use the gcc3-qt rpm, compile it yourself.

No more problems with missing dependencies.

Bigglesworth
11-02-2002, 03:46 PM
The only thing that confuses me on this one is the fact that everything was working fine, ran the cvs update and recompiled everything fine. And now I am getting this dependancy problem. I'm gonna try to look into it some more and see if I can find any ideas before I try to start it fresh, as that takes quite a while on this system.

Thanks again for any help,
Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth
11-02-2002, 07:52 PM
I just recompiled with qt-3.0.5, having some problems with it...particularly "something wicked errors" and it keeps pointing to the wrong library path (though I export to the correct path).

I am just going to go back and compile qt-2.3.2 since I know it works. I'll let yah know what happens in...well probably 6+ hours as I just kicked the ./compile -thread off.

Thanks,
Bigglesworth