PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey Request

zfod
11-02-2002, 12:07 AM
Heh,

I think a lot of people would find it useful if a Hotkey was added for "Decoder -> Load Session Key", much like F3 is the hotkey for reloading filters.

If someone with commits wants to add this, great, if not I guess I'll add it to my source ( undesirable ).

zfod

Opusone
11-04-2002, 08:35 PM
*bump*

old_fart
11-05-2002, 12:05 PM
A better idea would be to add an option under decode which would toggle an option to check keyfile.dat after loading a new zone. That option could be configurable to allow for user defined delay.

I could write the requirements and use-case if someone who knows the code is willing to code it :)

Regards

whome
11-05-2002, 01:03 PM
What if showeq just looked at the touched time for the key file and automatically loaded it if it was newer than the previous? Then at the most you would just have to tell it where the file was and maybe how often to wake up and check it.

Catt
11-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Answer to original question:

m_decoderMenu->insertItem("Load Session Key", this, SLOT(load_decoder_key()), Key_F12);

You only need to insert the ", Key_F12" in the above code, it's in interface.cpp about line 732.

Just incase it's not perfectly clear this makes F12 load the key file.

That is one of the beauties of CVS, you can make changes and still keep others changes as well.

o0shadow0o
11-06-2002, 06:47 AM
Thanx Catt I'm compiling now.