PDA

View Full Version : setup fees ??

unknown_errors
11-03-2002, 04:55 AM
A number of people have asked me to set up seq. on their systems for them either because they are too lazy to learn to set it up for them selfs, or they don’t have to time. I have not posted on this board for some time now even if I needed support because of a somewhat profound email by the web master that changed my views on open source and most other underground Linux projects. Point being, is it expectable to charge a flat fee for setting up a Linux computer and setting up seq for a customer (customer being any one I do computer work for) I spent four days on little sleep learning Linux from the ground up if any of my old posts are still viewable in the help area it will show. For learning this info I would like to be able to charge to do the setup for them, for a fee whatever it may be
With the consent of the makers otherwise I’ll keep my info to myself or do it for free.

unknown_errors
11-03-2002, 05:05 AM
bad bad bad change is bad winblows bad change bad winblow microsoft yucky new super evil way of sony bad sry for post disreguard

baelang
11-03-2002, 11:36 AM
I would just charge by the hour if they insist on paying instead of allowing you to teach them to do it themselves.

JustACoder
11-03-2002, 01:16 PM
Your the kinda moron that let all the other morons ruin it for us.

unknown_errors
11-03-2002, 03:41 PM
i think i'll teach this guy to doit for himself, thats alot better of an idea anyhow. not that linux needs to be reinstall every 30 days as most normal windows systems. but i can't see a reason for teach someone so i guess i'll do it for free

lil_zaphod
11-04-2002, 01:34 PM
I would make damn sure to get the free beer though.

Case in point-

I work for a software company doing lvl 3 support (better pay, +work from home in underwear vs doing development) for a major RAD web software platform.

My brother specializes in Oracle installs and implementations...

Occasionally we have cross disapline questions. We don't even bring them up unless we have a 6-er in hand.

This promotes learning, bonding, and realization that information is worth paying for.

So while it's not nice to skin your friends for cash, they should not treat you like some 19 year old sleeze they picked up at the club for a one night stand.