PDA

View Full Version : How To Update?

TheInfamousNewb
11-03-2002, 11:23 AM
I have been reading over all these threads on what to do for updating QT, Lib, etc etc etc... Not sure where to begin or what is BS and what isnt. I dont have ample hours in the day to try and sit here and figure it out, however I do have enough time to read.

So If someone would be willing to advise some of us not so Linux savvy people on the CORRECT way to update, and in what order, I would be very appreciative of that.

And no I dont use Linux for much else, sorry to disappoint many of you, however in my line of work I cannot get people to use it. Ie. Its not a viable product solution, you may disagree, however to the people buying thats all they care about. Never said it was inferrior. If it was, it wouldnt run SEQ
=D

Take it Sleasy

wolfy
11-03-2002, 11:57 AM
check out how to update here:

http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=275

a nice FAQ, that tells the lot. :)

TheInfamousNewb
11-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Ok I went through and recompliled and downloaded etc etc... basically just redid the setup in a sence, and it loads, woo hoo, however. once i zone in, it seems as though it continuously zooms out to a point at which i cannot see shit. any ideas, did I skip a step? very bizaare.

CBiLL
11-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Seem like that you didn't update your libEQ.a

CBiLL

jeffc02
11-03-2002, 04:36 PM
Tried using establihed method that I have used the last two times t6o update "libeq.a"

Some reason BEER maybe, I am missing something simple.

WYF!

I just want to see lvls of mobs again, /beats holes in walls

TheInfamousNewb
11-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Redownloaded LibEQ.a and recieve the same issue. Is it possible the one I am downloading is corrupt? If so, why dont you have that problem? =D

Alt Location?
A wget line would be great if possible.

fryfrog
11-04-2002, 04:50 PM
you should remove the old libEQ.a file first, the faq neglects to mention that the default behavior of wget is to NOT overwrite. it creates a file with a .1 (or .2/.3/.4) extension to avoid overwriting your original one.