PDA

View Full Version : Updated Keysniffers

cllnsj
11-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Would it be possible to include the compiled .exe files of all the new/updated keysniffer programs? I as well as some that I have spoken to are having difficulty figuring out the new programs that are being posted in the Development forum. I, by far, am no expert at programming & have attempted to compile. I have followed the directions and unfortunatly, have had limited success. For future reference, I will post a link to the only .exe file I could locate.

This opens a keysniffer that must be operational at all times (beginning at the character select screen) and must be used with EWQ:
http://www.thingy.de/eq/eqsniff.exe

high_jeeves
11-03-2002, 12:18 PM
I will post the usual disclaimer: These files are not supported by ShowEQ. Download EXE files only at your own risk, they may contain virus's, and they may result in you getting banned.

--Jeeves

Ratt
11-03-2002, 08:23 PM
I also need to point out the fact that the more people that use the same key sniffer, the more people will be banned... heh

Using ANY sniffer you've downloaded off of here, especially w/o any modifictions = you WILL be banned eventually.

The only "safe" method is to write your own. Even that is not guarenteed safe...

Use the code snippets for key sniffers on here as a BASE to start your work from... don't take the verbatim, compile them and you're done... that's just ASKING for trouble.

AbaddonxXx69
11-03-2002, 09:01 PM
So basically, SEQ is no longer safe to run. Except in GPS mode?

fripouille
11-04-2002, 07:07 AM
if you mean "safe" as in "i m just reading network data, nothing shows on windows who s running EQ" then no.

At the moment you have to run a program on your PC running EQ to get a key that will help SEQ decode spawns and stuff.
That comes with a risk.

AbaddonxXx69
11-04-2002, 08:04 AM
Ok, here's a question from a non-programmer. Dont get me wrong, I'm not entirely stupid, I can get SEQ working in it's current state. The thought of getting banned just doesnt appeal to me, I still enjoy the game. If anyone in the know could answer this, I'de like to know. I'm not trying to discuss how difficult it is, if its possible to break 64 bit encryption, problems since they started compressing, etc.. I've read all those posts. Just a simple question.

Question :
Are any other options (fully separate machine - passive based)being looked at/worked on? (yes/no)

a_guide_01
11-04-2002, 12:39 PM
here's what I do to lesson my chances of being caught, as marginal as they may be

start eqw
get to server select
start downloaded sniffer
zone in
get key
update seq
CLOSE SNIFFER!
play eq with ONE zone decoded...

yes i ahve to restart EQ and sniffer If I move zones but I am thinking this is a bit more "safe" than leaving it up.

a_guilde_01