PDA

View Full Version : ssh_init:network error - Problem trasnfering decode key from win to seq box

user82
11-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to linux. Do to the great guide out there I was about to get SEQ up and running without a problem for months. After the 10/31 patch I had to make a few changes with my previous setup which leads me to my problem.

I use a keygrabber on my EQ machine. The program is having problems sending the key automatically from my EQ to SEQ box at /usr/local/share/showeq/keyfile.dat. I get the folloing error:

fatal: ssh_init: network error: connection refused

I'm guessing it is because I don't have SSH properly configured on my SEQ machine. If someone can point me in the right direction/help me it would be appreciated. I read through the man pages for SSH as well as --help, I can't seem to put the pieces together. Maybe im looking in the wrong direction.

By the way, SEQ runs fine when i manually input the key. The program just doesnt send the key automatically from my EQ machine to my linux machine like it's configured to do. I don't like typing in the key each time especially when it's hard to read with 9 f's in a row.

Thanks.

nvmy383z28
11-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Here are the steps I followed for installing openssh

http://www.scd.ucar.edu/nets/intro/staff/siemsen/tools/ssh.html

Basically, install openSSL, zlib, and openssh, create a users with sshd permissions and your set.

user82
11-04-2002, 06:48 PM
I think i might already have SSH, after all this trouble. I admit i need to look up and read guides about setting up users and creating sshd permissions with it, but it's time to go to bed so this is a good time to post. I tried breifly on connecting to my EQ machine with it but no luck. I'm guessing my next step is to set up users/permissions. Correct?

Thanks for the reply.

p.s. ---i use RH 7.2

nvmy383z28
11-09-2002, 02:33 AM
I also use red hat 7.2

although you have SSH - you do not have an ssh server.

Take the above link :) It will make all your troubles go away ;)

Mr. Suspicious
11-09-2002, 08:07 AM
I think i might already have SSH, after all this trouble

Next step would be to make sure you actually have SSH installed and configured correctly. (thinking you have isn't enough =P)