PDA

View Full Version : showeq rpm package

nethru
11-04-2002, 12:55 PM
is there a pre-compiled showeq rpm anywhere out there? I can't get it to install on my redhta 7.2 box for the love of god and was just wondering. Thanks.

Alwayslost
11-04-2002, 12:57 PM
/em dives for the asbestos suit.

nethru
11-04-2002, 01:01 PM
*hides*

Protagonist
11-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Honey..get the kids and head for the shelter.

lil_zaphod
11-04-2002, 01:16 PM
Unless someone decided to make one since I started using this program, nope.

Also, a word to the wise. look all the way to the top of the webpage. Push the search button, research.

FYI- People get really nasty to newbs not reading the readmes, etc.

If i were you, I would look for a script that has the QT files, and a trifocus source for the libeq.a file. Try searching on bash or bash seq.txt

This will allow you to use bash to download the files you need, compile then, etc.

Also, make sure you have all the installed rpms for rh 7.2 There is a list of them. Try seacrching on rh 7.2

nethru
11-04-2002, 01:24 PM
yea i read thru most of them but my readhat install is kinda messy and realy don't feel like reinstalling. I got all the packages listed installed but ./configure gimps out everywhere. I even manually edited the configure file to get it to bypass things i know i had on my system it said i didn't but "make" gimps up :( Guess i'll just buy a new box haha.

lil_zaphod
11-04-2002, 01:36 PM
It took me 5 installs of redhat to get it right. I was a complete and utter linux newb.

Take the time, find the package list, install.

then bash the script.

I can set up SEQ in about 1 hour now on a new machine with a blank HD.

The tutorials are really pretty slick if you bother to look.

nethru
11-04-2002, 02:10 PM
well a little hacking around with my packages and removing re-installing and it looks like i fixed it up. it's compiling fine now and hopefully will go all the way thru with no errors. Sorry for the false alarm! :)

KennySP
11-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Actually, with minimal work you can make your own RPM.

Strangely enough there is a showeq.spec file included in the distribution...

Download the CVS, go into the showeq directory and edit the showeq.spec file so the lines:

Version: 4.0
Release: 3

read:

Version: <version>
Release: 1

and the line:

Source: showeq.tar.gz

reads:

Source: showeq-<version>.tar.gz

(For example -- the current version is 4.3.1 so you would put showeq-4.3.1.tar.gz instead of showeq-<version>.tar.gz)

After you edit the showeq.spec file, you would then:

cd ..
mv showeq showeq-<version>
tar -czvf showeq-<version>.tar.gz showeq-<version>

Now you have a showeq-4.3.1.tar.gz file, and you make an RPM from a ready tar.gz file with the following command:

rpm -ta showeq-4.3.1.tar.gz

This will use the tar.gz file and make an RPM and an SRPM

This doesn't stop you from needing QT, gcc3, etc, but it does make it so you have a nice RPM to work with and can upgrade easy.

You could make a script that you invoke with a version number that would go through the process if you were suitably inspired. (I'm not)

KennySP

LordCrush
11-05-2002, 05:02 PM
The FAQ covers *mostly* all known issues - itīs perhaps too good - if you cannot get it run with that ... no comment :eek: