PDA

View Full Version : So what still works?

krittapong
11-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Microsoft DCOM / Java programmer here willing to help however I can; just started playing EverQuest on Friday and just found this forum too.

I'm familiar enough with Linux, PCAP, etc. to get this running but I don't have a second PC, and I'm thinking that I don't want to run out and buy one now if they switched to PKI.

My question is what, if anything, still works in ShowEQ? Is there anything I can do to help?

Thx,
Krittapong

lil_zaphod
11-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Since there is no realtime map in EQ for where you have traveled, ShowEQ allows you to see where you are in real time.

Worth the $$$ in a cheap ass comp to run Red Hat, if you ask me.

Mr. Suspicious
11-04-2002, 06:34 PM
'
My question is what, if anything, still works in ShowEQ?

Everything works. *shrug* ShowEQ wasn't and isn't broken, the functionality is the same as it was before (only now you have to sniff a key on the EQ box and pass it to ShowEQ)

krittapong
11-04-2002, 06:55 PM
I just raided the IT closet at the office and I think I have ganked enough to create a sweet little dual Xeon homebrew.

I can see how running a sniffer on the wintel box could be risky; you could just mask the executable (QTTASK.EXE using 11 megs comes to mind) and try to hide it that way. /shrug

Thanks for the replies, they helped a lot. No maps in EQ really sucks, I didn't know you would NEVER get one (thought it was skill based rofl).

_krittapong