PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Decode Key Loading?

Naki
11-04-2002, 06:57 PM
I am a newbie to seq and progamming, so if this sounds stupid my appologies. It seems that the new version of seq only decodes spawns only when you tell it to load a key file or input a specific key and you are required to use the "Load Session Key" option for it to update. How about make it automagically reload the session key when you remain in the zone? Perhaps make the sniffer code write the key file as "ssratemple:0xffffffffffff" for instance. So seq checks if (zone == keyfilezone) and continously load the key if you remain in the zone.

MisterSpock
11-04-2002, 07:01 PM
Maybe I misunderstood your post.

The key that we are speaking of is needed only once per zone. Re-loading the key while you stay in a given zone is pointless.

Naki
11-04-2002, 07:14 PM
hum.. odd thing is when i was using it it did not show respawns at all until i reloaded the key.

cheeze69
11-06-2002, 03:21 PM
I get what you're saying -- if you zone, check the "key history" and if that zone is already in there, use the stored key. This is a good idea and would allow you to only enter all the keys once whenever the encryption key is changed and then you're GTG. Having a site where people can input keys and then download an "all zones" list would be cool also.

The only problem is, though, that I don't know if SEQ can determine what zone you are *until* the key is entered. That information might be encrypted also.

If this is the case, then SEQ could try all of the keys in the "key history" file and if none of them work, then prompt for the new one. Whether or not SEQ can "know" if a key successfully worked or not is another story that I don't know the ending to.

I just wish that SOE would have left this shit alone. EQ is in its "twilight" years, so who cares if we're able to dodge red mobs in a zone we're navigating? It's been happening for years -- why try so hard to kill it now? I've helped so many newbies out with SEQ it's disgusting, many of whom were *really* pissed that the game had cheated them somehow. Perhaps, with my help and advice, they stayed playing (and PAYING which we all know is SOE's main objective). Oh well... beating the dead horse again...

Mike

OgerSEQ
11-06-2002, 04:24 PM
As far as I know, you get a random key every time you zone. There is no one key assigned to any particular zone. However, I may be wrong. In my experience, I have left a zone and re-entered it without changing keys, and got no decode. But that could be related to the way the keyloader works.

Here's my suggestion: Have an option where seq automatically loads the keyfile X seconds after a zone change. I have my Main machine's drive mounted via Samba, so all I have to do each time I zone is hit load key. With that timer setup, i wouldn't have to do a thing! Yes, I'm lazy, but hey...

quester
11-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by OgerSEQ
Here's my suggestion: Have an option where seq automatically loads the keyfile X seconds after a zone change. I have my Main machine's drive mounted via Samba, so all I have to do each time I zone is hit load key. With that timer setup, i wouldn't have to do a thing! Yes, I'm lazy, but hey...

Yes, this is what I would like to have as well.

I decided to go the route of using a mounted drive, and saving a keyfile because I think it is less traceable than sending a key packet over the line. The scanner I wrote currently is pretty untraceable. It only scans the key when I ask it to, via a note in the eq log. ALL variables "name of eq log file, name of output file, key address, and even the key itself", as storedin memory encrypted..and the whole app is disguised as soemthign else. I feel this is pretty untraceable...Sending a keypacket over to the linux machine is kinda like sending up a flare I think. My main "annoyoance" though with this method is that I have to manually tell SEQ to load the session key when I zone. If it could automaticly do it after the zone has loaded it would be nice.