PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ FAQ

casey
01-04-2002, 08:42 AM
ShowEQ FAQ

there are a lot of repeat questions in the forums here, so i am taking some time to create a FAQ. You can see the current version in cvs now. It only has 4 questions regarding HP, faction, exp and loot. I dont want to limit it to questions of that nature, rather i would like to include any question/problem that comes up frequently on the forum during buildtime, and any questions you have during runtime.

If you have a problem/question you would like answered, post it into this thread, and i will review them for inclusion.

The goal here is that people will read the FAQ before posting on the forums, to lessen support load, and not have to answer the same questions that crop up frequently.

guice
01-04-2002, 01:06 PM
How about ..

How to run multiple occurenceses of SEQ. Maybe a "Can I" before that.

hum,

"What if I have a Dynamic IP?".

How to use Filters, although the explination in filters.conf.dist is good, not many people will see that. Maybe answer the question with "Look inside of the /usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf.dist for a full explination."

Maybe more advanced questions like: "Why does it take so long for XXX zone to decode?". And "Why am I getting "Unknowns'?"

That's all I can think of atm. Something to help with the FAQ flesh out ;)

guice
01-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Oh, and in the Filter FAQ. add what cjd1 said at the bottom of this thread:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165

That's something I didn't know for sure, glad to see if clarified there.