PDA

View Full Version : GPS configuration (non-decode/keysniff) information missing

AMonk
11-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted under the wrong forum. My appologies.

Hi guys,

I would love to have SEQ up and running with full color and information but I do not wish to risk my account. I still enjoy the game and I am willing to accept the risk of the passive GPS. Right now I just want to sit back, be patient and see what happens.

In the mean time, I would like to be able to see the unidentified spawns that are static. The roamer spawns display properly but those that stand still or are permanently rooted in place do not display. This was true every time the encryption was changed and when the new revisions of SEQ were released, all the information was back in place. I wonder if an opcode is missing or if the static spawn is sent in the encrypted stream. If it is, that would make little sense to me as it seems to be the exact same information as a roamer would provide minus the new position information.

What I need is a happy medium. I can live without the decoded spawn information but I cant understand why can't SEQ doesnt display a mob that is standing right in front of me just because it doesnt move?

I would be very happy for a long time if we could get that one step.

Thanks!

-AMonk

fee
11-05-2002, 08:54 PM
What you see is what you get - thats the simple fact of the matter.

Technical explanation:

Showeq tracks spawns by an id number. The id number can be detected three primary ways. 1) by decrypting the spawn information 2) my spawn movement 3) any generic interaction between the player and spawn (e.g. consider or combat).

Without decryption you are limited to option 2 and 3. If the spawn doesn't move and you do not interact then showeq can not know of its existance.

fee

smoothielover
11-05-2002, 09:49 PM
the fact that an ID pops up implies we can identify STATIC mobs though.

ie pactet header includes id im assuming couldnt we compare packets for differences ? ( can we still get the encrypted data split out into a schema still or is it compressed in a way that it must be dcoded first then set into schema?

build a temporary database of id names prom spawn list and set a flag for moving or not? based on this checksum result?