PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Compression Method?

LaggedEQ
11-06-2002, 08:34 AM
I've installed SEQ on two systems, my second computer and notebook.

The second computer works fine with it, but after the last CVS update I can't get the notebook working again.

(if you're wondering why two, it's because the desktop is faster and has a large monitor and is superior for running SEQ, but if I use that computer to two-box I need to reboot into Windows and run SEQ on the notebook)

I rm -r'd /seq/showeq, rm'd and redownloaded the new libEQ.a, md5sum'd it.

When I go to run SEQ, it finds the EQ session. I have GPS mode without any spawns.

However, when I try to load the session key, and it does in fact get the right session key from the file (as I said, the second box works fine), it gives me the following error on stdout:

Loaded KEY: 0xfffffffe6c1259c
Decryption and dispatching with key: 0xfffffffe6c1259c
PrcoessPacket() Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=unknown compression method
Warning: Failed to decrypt queued Player Profile packet: 0.

Any help as to why I can't get this working would be appreciated. It used to work on the notebook and I got it working on the other box, so I'm really at a loss here.

Thanks.

fox
11-07-2002, 04:40 PM
hm.

0xfffffffe6c1259c

broken up for ease of reading, it appears:

ff ff ff fe 6c 12 59 c

If that's a copy-paste from your stdout, and not just a typo, you're missing a character off your key it looks like. maybe an 'f' from the first half?

drwoo
11-07-2002, 05:30 PM
i am having the same problem i looked at mine his must be a typo becuase i have 16 characters in mine looks like this

0xfffffffff3cb7d28

drwoo
11-09-2002, 07:10 AM
lagged did you get this problem fixed? i am still having problems with mine doing the same thing , cant really peg the problem down it appears seq is getting the proper key, the libeq was decoding fine before i upgraded to 4.3.2 , but i downloaded a new libeq from more than one site to see if it would help anything but it didnt, i have recompiled, re cvs'd, i am at a loss i even did a search here for "unknown compression method" but havent come up with anything, so if you find something that might help me out, i will do the same if you are still having problems

Cryonic
11-09-2002, 11:12 AM
It is possible that you can't inflate it because SEQ missed some of the packets that make up the initial zone in.

This problem happened to me even before PoP. Changed to a different system (better hardware, PCI NIC instead of PCMCIA) and the problem went away

drwoo
11-09-2002, 04:33 PM
i guess it could be possible i will test out a new network card and pci slot, i dont think its likely becuase its has always worked in the past, but stranger things have happened, i will give it a shot

drwoo
11-10-2002, 12:40 AM
new network card new pci slot no luck...............wonder if i go back to 4.3.1 if i put it in manually if it will work, i guess i will try that tomorrow

cbreaker
11-10-2002, 12:16 PM
I would say that almost half my keys look like "0xffffffff12345678", replacing "12345678" with some hex digits.

They work fine though; I thought for sure that they were no good until I started popping them into SEQ and poof, decoded.

bluerum
11-12-2002, 08:35 AM
since the new encryption when i enter the key or use the vb key sniffer that sends the key to my seq computer i get this error

PrcoessPacket() Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=unknown compression method

and then whenever a new key is sent i get this error

WARNING: Decoded NewSpawnCode (6b42) (dataLen:145 != sizeof(newSpawnStruct):226)

any help would be appriciated
Thanks in advance

oh i did a cvs update on nov 11th and am useing the libEQ.a with the md5sum

ddaac48baaa3e9b015984a366748ed72 libEQ.a

fee
11-12-2002, 09:05 AM
You may have downloaded the new libEQ.a but it sounds like your showeq was built with an older version.

fee

bluerum
11-12-2002, 10:04 AM
thanks fee i deleted everything and started over and now it works

LaggedEQ
11-15-2002, 07:25 PM
Just a somewhat tardy update, the "dust off and nuke it from orbit" method worked for me :) It's the only way to be sure!