PDA

View Full Version : debian packages.

casey
11-06-2002, 12:31 PM
due to recent happenings,

note: qt-gcc3 source is superceded, my packages now depend on libqt3c102-mt which is in unstable (qt3 compiled against gcc 3.2.3) since the change to gcc 3 as gcc-default.

for your sources.list :

deb ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/debian dists/showeq/
deb-src ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/debian dists/showeq/

apt-get update && apt-get install showeq showeq-maps

Showeq does not depend on -maps, so you have to explicitly state it. It is a suggested depend, but apt wont get those automagically. The packages are there, and current as of 2058Z 21 Apr 2003. They are updates from time to time, and always after major changes, but will usually lag behind CVS, tis the price of convienence.

enjoy.

Exo
11-19-2002, 03:13 AM
Just wanted to bump this and give praise.

It had been a few weeks since Casey convinced me to try Debian. My first install took little over an hour with some assistance so I figured I'd blow it all out and try it again to make sure I'd learned something. In 15 minutes went from nothing to SEQ counting the OS install. This almost makes it too easy. :P

Now, Casey is prolly fighting the urge to reply and point out you should never have to reinstall Debian and he's right, I do things the hard way on purpose sometimes because it helps me learn.

yuri
11-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Got any other mirros?

I keep getting:

Failed to fetch ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/debian/dists/qt-gcc3/Release USER failed, server said: Sorry, but a maximum of 1 logins per host is enforced because dpc6682033187.direcpc.com is a moron.

Delusional
12-30-2002, 05:58 PM
When I do this.. I get to a point during the atp-get install line that once certain packages are installed I'm unable to use my system... it starts saying ... that feature is not implemented... or something to that nature, and if I reboot it does same thing and I can't even login... I try rescuing from the cd with no success.... I then end up re-installing.. I've done it on 2 machines to make sure it wasn't a fluke with my machine and it occured on both machines.. multiple times.. I was using debian 2.2 as well as 3.0, has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong? thanks for your time.

Delusional

immortalsam
04-18-2003, 11:58 PM
hey casey,
I tried to hit the site (im a new debian user and love the ability this would do for updateing) but keep getting errors that the packages are unable to be found. is it down or did i typo transfering the info to my real box from my winblows box?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

casey
04-19-2003, 10:18 AM
the packages are out of date, but i plan on updating them within the next couple days. only the showeq source will still be valid, as qt3 compiled against gcc 3 is now part of debian unstable, i've dropped my qt packages, and my showeq packages will have a dependancy against unstable (As they always have).

casey
04-21-2003, 02:58 PM
packages up to date as of now (2058Z 21 Apr 2003)

oh, and forgot to add, my packages are always gpg signed by me, so you always know you're getting good stuff (if im trusted by you anyway) :)

immortalsam
05-20-2003, 11:32 AM
ok, got qt installed from unstable (btw, this will bork anything but a standard install of kde and all desktop links. or at least it did to me) got showeq installed from your site Casey.. short of doing a apt-get install or synaptic install, can you do a upgrade like normal from cvs or do you have to upgrade from apt-get all the time at this point? just curious, since im using myseq for a bit since seq was broken for so long.

[edit]

also, approx how long after a fix is out do you update? yes i know the fix has only been in 1 day.. im not expecting miracles, but i do love seq a lot better than myseq due to the additional features. grin

casey
05-21-2003, 12:41 AM
the showeq packages wont interfere with cvs builds. CVS builds by default install to /usr/local/*, and my packages install into the /usr/* hierarchy, so both can coexist.

as for when i update, whenever i get around to it, but not very often these days, perhaps i'll rebuild the packages in the next day or so though.

immortalsam
05-21-2003, 09:58 AM
ok, cool.. wasnt sure how it worked..