PDA

View Full Version : libEQ.a -- What is the correct MD5 sum?

Just_A_Nut
11-08-2002, 09:37 PM
On the main page, it shows the md5 for libEQ.a as feeeecba3f8c4d1559b338e60747dbb0.

In the Announcements forum for the Nov. 1st release, the md5sum is listed as 26d3d74f456562ce902e4827dc186d1f.

Which is the correct version? I downloaded from azriel and got the 26d.... libEQ.a.

Just want to make sure that I have the correct version since there is conflicting information.

As always, to all of the devs, thank you for all of your amazing work (obvious kiss ass, oh well, they do this for free and just plain rock at it :D )

Cheers,
Just_A_Nut

high_jeeves
11-08-2002, 10:33 PM
The one in announcements is the most recent.

--Jeeves

Kimbler
11-09-2002, 06:55 AM
Your prolly doing what many of us do. You have to delete or rename the CURRENT lib file. When you do a wget and you have a lib file the wget does not overwrite your current lib file it creats an appended lib file name. If you go to where your lib file is look for a libEQ.a and see if you have a libEQ.a.1 file. If so delete the libEQ.a file and rename the libEQ.a.1 to libEQ.a...recomplie and you should now have the correct version of md5 .

Just_A_Nut
11-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Jeeves, thanks for the 411, much appreciated.

Kimbler, I wasn't having an issue with which file I had, as I had them both as libEQ.a and libEQ.a.1 (as you suggested). The issue I had was trying to figure out which libEQ.a was the correct one to be using. Thanks for the reply though. Maybe it will help someone else out if they are having problems :)

Ratt, Casey, Fee, Zaphod or one of the other devs, could you update the main forum page with the correct MD5 sum to clear up any confusion?

Thanks 2 all :D

Just_A_Nut

sea4th
11-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I had the same problem finding the md5sum for libeq.a and it was not where I used to find it at the beginning of the forum or root fourm page. Search found it (md5sum) with alot of other hits as well. I really liked having the MD5SUM on the root of this forum. Now which is more secure source, the MD5SUM from a post or from the root of the forum? Since it was from Fee I felt pretty safe but what if you are new and don't know who Fee is?

Hey post #2 - will be leveling real soon now!

Amadeus
11-13-2002, 08:23 PM
md5sums for the most recent LibEq.a are ALWAYS included in the latest announcement in which LibEQ.a was modified!!!

This drives me crazy... READ THE ANNOUNCMENT BOARD OR STOP USING SHOWEQ