PDA

View Full Version : Odd decryption issues..

guice
11-09-2002, 12:45 AM
I have yet to see anybody speak about this. Something I've noticed;

I've created a sniffer using code here, combining this and that which will read the key and send it to SEQ via UDP and also write it to a samba mounted directory.

Now, what I've seen is that after a while in a new zone, SEQ will start popping up Unknown spawn.
Relogging actually solves it (permanintly) for that zone, as long as the decryption doesn't change.

However, once I zone again (getting new key/etc) it happens all over again.

Doing load session key causes it to load, but starts acting funky. For example; I did it while in Justice and it showed spawns in Exe trial room while there really wasn't spawns there.

Has anybody noticed this as well? or is there just something I'm over looking?

Mr. Suspicious
11-09-2002, 08:10 AM
Relogging actually solves it (permanintly) for that zone, as long as the decryption doesn't change.

I don't see how this would be possible. When you logout and back in again, you will get a new key.

Has anybody noticed this as well? or is there just something I'm over looking?

Look at the Terminal Window to see any errors that are reported when the "unkown" mobs spawn, I'm pretty sure you'll see some. Then, report that error.

cbreaker
11-09-2002, 08:31 AM
I've seen the problem of showing spawns when they are actually not there.

I was looking at SEQ 4.3.1, and it wasn't happening to me but it was happening to my friend (both running SEQ from same linux box, ala session tracking.)

It was indeed strange, he saw tons of mobs on the SEQ screen that weren't in the game. When he zoned and came back later, the "phantom mobs" were gone.

Dunno what the problem was but figured I'd post that I saw the same thing recently.

guice
11-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Here's what causes it:

EQPacket: SEQClosing detected, awaiting next zone session, pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.1.103
Clearing Cache[zone-client]: Count: 1
Resetting sequence cache[zone-client]

Odd part, it happens right randomly in the middle of my time within a zone.

When that happens, I start getting Unknown spawns poping all over the place, unless I reload it using the load session key option.

I don't see how this would be possible. When you logout and back in again, you will get a new key.

You're right there. I must have been smoking crack or something. That or the randomness his to where it "appeard" to work.

Mr. Suspicious
11-09-2002, 08:12 PM
EQPacket: SEQClosing detected, awaiting next zone session, pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.1.103
Clearing Cache[zone-client]: Count: 1
Resetting sequence cache[zone-client]

Looks to me like SEQ receives a packet it interprets as being a "zone out/into new zone" packet. As far as I can see from the source, it drops the key already loaded upon zone and will wait for a new key when you zone. That's why loading the key again fixes it for you (you didn't actually zone and the old key will still work).

guice
11-10-2002, 12:15 AM
Aye .. wondering why its getting a closed session packet in the middle of my time in a zone.

Client side initiates the close session, right? Since it knows when you're actually zoning, not the server.

Client must be doing something funky for this to happen.

Nurseling
12-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Any one have any ideas what can be done, or can any one suggest some code to allow me to reload the last key.

I'm currently using a sniffer that supplies the key by udp.