PDA

View Full Version : map and unknown spawn only?

ladybat
11-10-2002, 05:22 AM
For the past few days I have literally been stuck here at work and have been unable to really sit down to eq and my seq box.....

I have seen some posts on this and have a question please.

The last thing I did was to update right before halloween and had seq running with the latest cvs update...that was PRE-seq packet encrypt change........

I havent been able yet to sit down since then but am finally going to be able to do so come monday....

My question is this...
( And Ive seen some mention of this but not 100% if IM understanding)

Will my current version of seq operate as a positioning map and simply show unknown spawns OR is there a version ( newwer since nov1) that I can update to that will show the spawns as simply being unknown my position?

I want to try and experiment with the sniffers...and will try and do that just to see if I can get it to work once...but will probably then wait a bit until there seems to be more feedback from the more knowledgable peeps here like crush, jeeves and ratt...on whether its safe to do so.....

I would be happy temporarily with simply being able to see my position and whether or not a "spawn" was there ( regardless of wther or not I could actually decrypt its info) ( for now anyhow:) )

I hope I am making sense.....Ive learned alot here in the past year or so but I cant actualy sit down at my home machine until monday...so thought I would just ask....

It "looked" like I could simply cvs update again and would get the map functionality and would show the spawns but they would be "unknowns" but not sure if that is correct or not.

Thank you kindly

Michelle (ladybat) out.

Mr. Suspicious
11-10-2002, 06:24 AM
Will my current version of seq operate as a positioning map and simply show unknown spawns OR is there a version ( newwer since nov1) that I can update to that will show the spawns as simply being unknown my position?

Depends on what your current version is, you might be running a 2 year old version or the latest version already, if you don't tell the version, noone can tell. Its always best to get the latest version of showeq + the newest LibEQ.a tho.

I would be happy temporarily with simply being able to see my position and whether or not a "spawn" was there ( regardless of wther or not I could actually decrypt its info) ( for now anyhow )

Thats how the latest version + latest libEQ.a works *without a keysniffer*, with a keysniffer showeq the latest version + latest libEQ.a work like it did before.

ladybat
11-10-2002, 11:41 PM
thanks...if you reread my post you will see I mention I did the latest cvs update right before halloween....

I will give it a try as it is tomorrow and see if it works and if not I will redo the cvs update ( I have the new libeq.a that was release hmmm I think oct 29th or something..) and try that..

thanks!!!!

Mr. Suspicious
11-11-2002, 06:46 AM
if you reread my post you will see I mention I did the latest cvs update right before halloween....

As we don't have Halloween in my country (nor in the countries surrounding it) I have no idea on what date Halloween takes place (i know it's "at the end of the year somewhere", but that's as far as it goes)