PDA

View Full Version : GPS Config (What should I see)

Raistlin
11-10-2002, 12:43 PM
All:

The title of the message basically says it all.

Under a full gps config (no key sniffer) what should I be able to see? Just me and my pos on map and "drops"? Should I see grey dots for mobs like was supposed to be showing up pre-encryption fix/breakage?

I notice also that mobs, once conned will show up on the map..are they tracked in movement? If I move out of "range" of the mob will SEQ still be able to track it's movement? And if so, isn't there a way for SEQ to simply trap all the "movement" packets and possition them on the map?

Also, is player statistics (str, int, wis, etc.) stored in encyrpted packets or is there a way to get those from non-encrypted data?

Also, I notice that skillups to a skill (like 1Hb or Offense) trigger ShowEQ to be able to display and track the skillups from there on out. Would it be possible to save and load current tracked data for a character? Since ShowEQ can no-longer autodetect the character you're logging in, can we "manually" load characters and "save out" characters?

I know this would require coding work, but how hard would it be? (I am a coder, but have never cracked the SEQ code yet).

I know alot of these are "stupid" questions to those in the know, but i'm trying to learn as much as I can about both "versions" of SEQ (Those being GPS mode and Full Working Version).

--Raistlin

Chyran
11-10-2002, 05:32 PM
Using SEQ passively, I get
A) Doors
B) Drops
C) Moving mobs / players (no static spawns)
D) Static spawns when I target them
E) New corpses
F) Marked gray points when I consider something

Raistlin
11-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Can you clairify "moving mobs, no static spawns" for me?

Do you mean that after you con a mob you can watch it move around the screen or do you mean that any mobs in a zone that don't spawn at a certain place are shown?

--Raistlin

Mr. Suspicious
11-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Can you clairify "moving mobs, no static spawns" for me?

Uhm.... slap your head:

moving mobs: a mob that moves

no static spawns: a spawn that doesn't stand still in one spot contantly, but... moves around

If it moves, you see an unidentified "dot" move around. If something spawns and doesn't move: you see nothing. Once tje new spawn starts moving (non static moving mob), you'll see a unidentified "dot" move around.

Do you mean that after you con a mob you can watch it move around the screen or do you mean that any mobs in a zone that don't spawn at a certain place are shown?

No and no, he meant exactly what he said. You know what? Why don't you try ShowEQ out yourself and see with your own eyes before asking questions that are answered right away once you... well.. see it with your own eyes.

but i'm trying to learn as much as I can about both "versions" of SEQ (Those being GPS mode and Full Working Version).

There's no such thing as two seperate versions, there is only one version.

Hitman
11-10-2002, 11:06 PM
To clear it up a bit more: In GPS mode, SEQ sees spawns based on movement. If a mob doesn't move, SEQ can't see it. Why is this?

Because the small location update packets that EQ sends every so often aren't encrypted. They don't contain any info about what is moving, just that spawn m is now located at location x,y. Since the packet that defined spawn m couldn't be read, you don't get an initial location. Once (if) it moves, however, it is shown as an undefined (unknown) spawn.

BTW...I'm just learning the inner workings of SEQ and the contents of each type of packet, so I may have something wrong in there. It should be mostly correct, though :b

crazzi
11-13-2002, 06:41 AM
I am having a similar issue with seq in passive mode. I see unknown moving spawns in my spawn list but I do not see them on the map unless I select them in the spawn list. Is my seq functioning correctly or should I be able to see the unknown spawns moving around my map all the time?

Any guidance is apprectiated.

fee
11-13-2002, 09:45 AM
1) right click the map to get the map menu, Show->Unknown Spawns

2) Options->Create Unknown Spawns

Both options must be checked.

Have a nice day
fee

sea4th
11-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Thanks so much fee!

I kept wondering why the GPS mode would only show unknowns when considered even when the option was enabled. I never knew to right click the map to see a bunch more goodies open up.

BTW, when I enter a zone all the mobs show up whether they are moving or not since the map display is completely rebuilt. This is the way I wanted to see it work.

Take a bow and my kudos to you for your reply fee -

Geez this is post number three....

lane
11-14-2002, 06:26 PM
Thanks for finding the problem they were having and answering Fee where others just wanted to flame. I too (before key sniff) was not seeing the static or moving spawns until they were coned.

Also of note, pre key sniff. Once a mob was coned, I could see what was on them (swords, clothes, etc). I didn't ever verify this was correct, but it looked right. I coudn't really ask someone what they were wearing and just didn't get around to inspecting someone.

Flaming is easy.
Helping someone fix a problem takes about 10 seconds of thinking when you know the answer.

-Lane

Raistlin
11-15-2002, 05:54 PM
The subject basically says it.

Thanks Fee for actually reading what my question was. for Mr. Suspicious, I apoligize if I wasn't clear enough.

I wanted to know why it was my installation of ShowEQ (which i've been using for quite some time) DID NOT show moving spawns without me conning them.

By my estimation, by default, ShowEQ does NOT show unknown spawns on the map...meaning that the only thing that shows up on my screen was Me (a white dot) with the move indicators and the map notes...and NOTHING esle, no gray dots (unless I was in zone to have spawn possitions), no moving gray dots, NOTHING else...this at least hopefully will get me back to being able to find mobs in the zone instead of wandering blindly for them.

Thanks Again Fee, I appreciate it enough that I won't post a long, involved flame back to Mr. Suspicious...:) Any way we could get those options turned on by Default in RCS Fee?

--Raistlin

Mr. Suspicious
11-15-2002, 06:56 PM
I won't post a long, involved flame back to Mr. Suspicious...

I fail to see how my reply could be interpretted as a flame.

Ataal
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
"Uhm.... slap your head:"

"moving mobs: a mob that moves"

"no static spawns: a spawn that doesn't stand still in one spot contantly, but... moves around "

"No and no, he meant exactly what he said. You know what? Why don't you try ShowEQ out yourself and see with your own eyes before asking questions that are answered right away once you... well.. see it with your own eyes. "

That probably could have been left out and all that would have been left is useful information. I think we(including the poster) knows what 'moving' means, what you said came off as condescending(sp?) whether you meant it that way or not....which could to some people be considered a mild flame. Basically it's like being passive/aggressive, you called him an idiot without saying the word 'idiot'.

It happens here in these boards ALL the time. I'd be hard pressed to find a thread where someone didn't get slammed in some way or another. I'm quite used to it by now, but it's quite the eye opener coming here for the first time.

It seems silly that one could get their 'feelings' hurt from a message board, but it happens, just something to keep in mind.